21

The next morning Val woke up and Kenny wasn't in bed. After using the bathroom and doing her hygiene, walked downstairs. Kenny was sitting on the couch watching TV and staring at his phone at the same time.

"Good morning honey."

"Hey." He distractedly greeted her.
Just as she was about to kiss his cheek, the door opened and he jumped up. Toni came in eating a donut and froze.

Valerie scoffed before going into the kitchen and made some smoothies. She slipped the crushed up pill into one of the glasses and mixed it with a straw. Fiona came in and she jumped.

"Fiona, you scared me. I was just making some breakfast smoothies."

Fiona gave her a suspicious look as she grabbed the tray.

"Tone, you scared the hell out of me. I tried calling you but you left your phone. I was worried, where were you?" Kenny said.

"I just wanted to be alone. I went for a drive, I'm fine." She replied with a chuckle.

Annoyed, Valerie spoke up, "Well that's good. Kenny can you excuse us?"

He gave Toni a questionable look and she gave a simple head nod allowing him to leave. Valerie rolled her eyes as he left the room.

"What do you want?" Toni asked.

"I had Fiona make us some smoothies. Strawberry and banana, your favorite." She said handing her a glass.

"You think giving me a smoothie is gonna make things better between us?"

"No, but I thought it was a good start."

Toni huffed as she took the smoothie from her. Fiona made it so it couldn't be that bad. They sat down and Valerie began talking.

"Look I just wanna clear the air. Whether we're friends or not, we're gonna be around each other a lot. I'm gonna be in the kids' lives and our children are gonna be siblings."

Toni scoffed at the thought of that because it was true. "So?" She said.

"So, I wanna bury the hatchet. I'm sorry if you feel like I swooped in and took over your life. I'm not trying to replace you."

"I know, because you can't. Valerie, if you're serious about being in love with Kenny then whatever. He deserves to be in a happy and honest relationship. Just understand that his children are his main priority."

"I know and-"

"I'm not done. If you're just doing this to get back at me for something I probably don't remember, then let him go. He's been hurt once and he doesn't deserve to be hurt again."

"I'm not trying to get back at you or hurt you in general. What Kenny and I have is special. So special, that I'm willing to look past the fact that you two slept together." She said making Toni freeze. "Yes, I know. I could smell your perfume on his sheets the day after. Breakup sex is normal and I'm sure it meant nothing. I'm just glad you got it all out of your system. Now he and I can move forward."

Toni avoided her gaze as she searched for words. She watch Toni closely as they both took another sip from their smoothies. Both her and Kenny were gonna pay for sneaking behind her back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kenny

We rushed through the hospital doors and the nurses grabbed her from my arms. She was screaming and bleeding. I told Fiona to stay with the kids and keep them busy. The doctors took her back and told me I couldn't come in.

I paced the floor nervously waiting for any kind of update.

"Ken, please." Toni said pointing to the chair next to her. I sat down with my leg still shaking. I was concerned about the baby.