xv

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* this chapter is long, whoops ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

     when eomma and byeongkwan walked into the house, seyoon was sitting in the living room on the couch, calmly waiting for the two to arrive. he turns and smiles at byeongkwan when he sees the thirteen-year old walk into the door.

     "can i talk to you, byeongkwan?" seyoon says, swallowing down a lump in his throat. he didn't want to start crying now, he hasn't even told byeongkwan what was happening.

     byeongkwan nods excitedly, a smile on his face, but seyoon feels that sweet smile will fade when he is told.

    the two walk upstairs, byeongkwan being first. seyoon stays behind him, looking at mrs. kim and holding onto the rail on the staircase. mrs. kim nods to him, telling him to go and tell him, and he sighs. he walks up the stairs and into byeongkwan's room where byeongkwan is still waiting.

     he shuts the door behind him, locking the lock on the doorknob, so no one could enter or exit, when really, seyoon doubted mrs. kim wanted to be inside the room to see byeongkwan's reaction.

    "what is it seyoon?" byeongkwan asks, tilting his head. the bright brown eyes seyoon loved to see, filled with energy and caringness. he didn't want to break them.

     seyoon inhales deeply, and walks up to byeongkwan sitting on his bed. he sits down because the brunet and ruffles his head full of hair, smiling softly.

     "you're probably going to be disappointed," seyoon says, and byeongkwan's smile drops. seyoon feels as if his chest is weighted after seeing his smile drop, it becoming harder to breathe as he continues to speak.

     "i have to go back to jeolla-do today."

      complete silence. 

     byeongkwan looks away from seyoon, seyoon able to hear him breathing a little heavier. he doesn't touch byeongkwan or ask if he is okay yet, just letting byeongkwan handle himself before speaking seyoon.

    a few seconds pass by. 

     "byeongkwan?"

     some more seconds.

     "are you oka-"

     "i'm fine."

      seyoon feel his heart immediately drop when he hears byeongkwan's voice crack, right after, sobbing. byeongkwan cupped his hands and rested his face in them, pooling up his tears. seyoon quickly pulls him into a hug and holds him tightly.

      "i'm sorry byeongkwan-"

      "you said four days, seyoonie-hyung."

      "i know, but-"

      "is it your girlfriend?"

      "how do you kno-"

      "i went through your phone yesterday."

      "you went through my phon-"

     "yes, and?" byeongkwan looks up at seyoon with a furious expression, tears still sliding down his blushed cheeks. seyoon looks taken aback.

    when seyoon doesn't respond, byeongkwan stands up and walks out of the room peeved. seyoon quickly follows behind him, trying to pull his hand to stop byeongkwan, but byeongkwan pulls away from him.

     "byeongkwan, stop!" seyoon finally yells when byeongkwan has opened the front door and walked out onto the front lawn. he doesn't, and continues to walk till he is on the sidewalk. he turns right, and starts walking up the street.