xxiii

seyoon looks through byeongkwan's apartment's kitchen to try and find any tylenol for byeongkwan to take. the blonde complained about his head hurting a lot, and not to be rude, seyoon really wanted to shut him up.

    "seyoonie~" byeongkwan sing-songs from his bedroom. "come keep me compannnn-y."

    seyoon huffs in frustration, "what happened to your head hurting?"

    "it hurts less now, so come here."

    seyoon rolls his eyes and shuts the medicine cabinet's doors. he slides the glass of water he poured into his hand and walks to the bedroom, where the blonde was currently laying in bed.

    the tv was soft buzzing, the volume turned down because the sound hurt byeongkwan's ears. the lights were off except for byeongkwan's tableside lamp. he laid in his awfully large bed, moaning and grumbling. typical drunk byeongkwan.

     "i'm here now," seyoon sighs, throwing his hands out. byeongkwan smiles widely and chuckles.

     "come cuddle."

     seyoon tenses at the drunken's words.

    "please?" byeongkwan sticks his lower lip out and makes a puppy dog-like face. seyoon still wants to refuse but gives in anyway.

      seyoon walks up to the bed and crawls onto the soft mattress with the blonde. he crawls over byeongkwan's legs until he is sat on the other side of the large bed. he gestures from byeongkwan to move into his open arms, and the blonde does quickly.

     when the two embrace, seyoon feels himself smile. he starts to stroke byeongkwan's hair out of habit. he would usually do it when eunji and he cuddled.

     "seyoonie," byeongkwan has his head leaning into seyoon's chest, and his hands folded near his own shoulder. he closes his eyes as he feels comfortable. "i love you, best friend."

    byeongkwan elongates the word "love," making seyoon feel a little tense than before. he doesn't respond, and instead pats byeongkwan's head lightly.

    "you seem to share a lot of your thoughts when you're drunk," seyoon notices. byeongkwan only giggles in response.

     seyoon takes one of byeongkwan's hands into his and entwines their fingers together. even if seyoon disliked such affection, he couldn't help it.

    "you have a bandage on your wrist," seyoon says, seeing the edge of a bandage appear when byeongkwan's sleeve rides down his wrist by a small amount. "did you hurt yourself-"

    seyoon pulls the sleeve down and witnesses something he wishes he didn't. multiple, bloody bandages covered byeongkwan's wrist, only the top is a clean, fresh one.

    seyoon, without hesitation, takes byeongkwan's other wrist into his hand, dropping the left wrist. he pulls the sleeve back on his right wrist and sees scars. not just any, but multiple, jagged self-harm scars.

    seyoon feels as if a weight is sitting on his chest, along with multiple others. it was becoming hard to breathe, and his vision was becoming blurry with tears.

    "byeongkwan," seyoon breathes as he pulls his wrist down. "are you doing this to yourself?"

     the blonde is already asleep on seyoon's chest. he lightly breathes, seyoon feeling his breath against his hand.

     seyoon sniffles and wipes his tears. he pushes byeongkwan to the other side of the bed and allows him to sleep peacefully. he wouldn't annoy a drunk and sleepy friend just because he saw something he was afraid of.