xix

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* this filler chapter is long, whoops ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

    junhee taps his fingers against the designed wooden table inside the cafe. he waits, restless, for byeongkwan to soon arrive, but he hasn't seen the other blonde yet. 

   he said he would arrive at 09:24 if he could, but it is now 09:51 and byeongkwan doesn't seem even close to the cafe.

   "still waiting for byeongkwan?" a voice says behind junhee, and the blonde turns to see who speaks to him. a girl, jung eunji, ruffles her long hair with her fingers and smiles lightly when junhee makes eye contact with her. she wears the cafe uniform, a light warm brown polo shirt, and a dark shade of brown for her skirt. she wore a white apron in front, which was covered in dark and light coffee stains from today.

   junhee nods, exhaling slowly. "he seems to be taking a while."

   junhee buries his chin and mouth under the fabric of his soft, grey scarf. the room felt cold to him, it always did. eunji never felt cold in the revealing outfit she wore.

   "his coffee's getting cold," eunji states, walking around junhee and looking at the mug sitting opposite of him. "would you like two free refills on your mugs?"

   junhee shrugs at the offer, tilting his head away to look outside of the large window beside him. "you can refill byeongkwan's, i don't need the extra caffeine in my day. thanks for the offer."

    eunji nods, and takes the room temperature mug into her hands, walking away with it. she goes behind the preperation corner, and starts to get to work grinding more dark coffee beans to create a warmer coffee for byeongkwan's liking when he shows up.

    if he ever does.

    junhee looks at the mug between his hands, 3/4 empty. a ring forms near the rim of the mug, where the coffee sat for a bit and stained the pale coloured mug. a pretty light turquoise.

   the colours of the mugs the cafe had interested junhee. instead of having fifty of the same coloured mugs to use easily, the shop buys different colours to give variety. sometimes, customers will pick their prefered colour of mug. junhee only wanted coffee, so he couldn't care about the colour.

    eunji, after a few minutes, brings back the same mug that held the cold coffee for byeongkwan for at least half an hour. "here you go."

    she places the pale red mug onto the table and smiles warmly. junhee responses with a smile and a light bow to her.

    she walks away, the clacking of her shoes heard by junhee's ears. the cafe is quiet, only eunji, junhee and another person inside the building. the other had his face stuffed in a history textbook and had earbuds lodged in his ears tightly. he must have been a high school student.

   the bell of the door is rung, and junhee turns away from gazing over the hard studying student to the door, to see a frantic blonde standing there, looking around the cafe. when he meets junhee's eyes, he sighs in relief.

    byeongkwan walks into the building and inhales the smell of fresh coffee. he exhales and smiles warmly. he turns to junhee and slowly drags his feet to him. he takes his seat when he reaches junhee, still with his chin buried inside his scarf.

   "sorry to take too long," byeongkwan says. "too much traffic. there was also an accident on the highway today."

    "sounds terrible," junhee replies, his reply muffled by his scarf. byeongkwan is still able to understand his words.

   byeongkwan nods. "i think one of the people in the accident died. there were lots of ambulances and police officers."

   junhee only responses with "hmm." he looks back down to the mug in his hands, the coffee still sitting inside left unfinished. junhee didn't feel as if he needed more coffee, so he pushes the mug away.

   byeongkwan takes his pale red mug into his hand by the handle, and slips. a sour look arises on his face, and he places the mug down quickly.

   "what, don't like coffee anymore?" junhee says, laughing lightly.

    "no, it's just plain black coffee," byeongkwan says, his eyebrows furrowed and his lips a fine line. "i still don't understand why you drink that shit."

   "language," junhee warns byeongkwan. he leans back in his chair and shrugs, his warned attitude faded quickly. "i just like the bitter taste. it wakes me up."

   byeongkwan rolls his eyes, and gets the attention of eunji again, asking for sugar and creamer. she nods, and does his order as so. she walks behind the counter and takes out two small cups with laminated lids and three packs of sugar into her hand.

   byeongkwan thanks her when she brings them to him with a small bow. she also gifts byeongkwan with a small plastic straw to stir the ingredients with. byeongkwan smiles at her generosity as she walks away to wipe down another table.

  byeongkwan stirs the creamer and sugar into the coffee silently as junhee watches. the occasional hit of the plastic straw against the side of the mug was heard.

  the two enjoy each other's present in silence.

 byeongkwan soon swallows his coffee down quickly, in a rush. junhee doesn't question it until byeongkwan finishes the mug.

  "why in a rush?" junhee says. 

  byeongkwan pushes his mug to his left, near the edge of the table for eunji to pick up on her way around to check up on the customers.

   "i have to get to the flower shop quickly to get flowers for my appa's grave," byeongkwan explains. "i have to meet my hyung there by 10:25, and it's," byeongkwan looks at his watch to check, shifting his coat sleeve back to see the small watch. "currently 10:08."

   junhee nods understandably. he hates to see the blonde go, but he knows he has to, for the sake of family.

   the two wave goodbye was byeongkwan leaves out of the door that he entered in. junhee is alone again.

   "you seem close with him." eunji comes to junhee and sits down in front of him, her hands placed neatly on the table, one over the other. freshly painted nails, yet to be ruined by the constant washing of dishes. "i was only ever close to seyoon, but we weren't so close after the incident."

    junhee nods. "how's seyoon anyway? i haven't heard from him."

    eunji only shrugs. "i have no clue. we don't really talk anymore."

   the two continue to conversate. quietly inside the small cafe. they warmly enjoy each other's presence.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

ayo

heyo

*cringe*

but hello

i don't have really anything to say down here

besides

i updated

ayEYyEYE

so

bye

   <3

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

   <3

-jin

oH anD a good song

all i want - kodaline

listen to it