xxi

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* this chapter is very long chapter, whoops ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

    after a long time of seyoon sobbing into byeongkwan's shoulder, byeongkwan finally got seyoon to walk back to where his relatives were gathered. on the walk there, byeongkwan learned the funeral was for his mother, who passed away almost two weeks ago. byeongkwan remembers how ill the woman was in 2007, it must've gotten worse from there on out.

      seyoon is shaking after he stops his sobs. byeongkwan worries for the stability for the man, his face constantly turned down into a forced frown.

      when seyoon is dragged into the crowd, byeongkwan only watches as he goes. he taps a few younger ladies on the shoulder and asks if they can make sure seyoon was going to be okay. they nod at his deed and continue to speak as they were. byeongkwan now can only leave to his own life and see how seyoon holds up.

      byeongkwan would ask the older for his number to be able to talk to the old friend, but he seemed to be trying to recover from so much now, he'd better wait for another time seyoon wasn't under so much.

      byeongkwan walks away from the mob of people dressed in black holding tissues and white bouquets of flowers in their hands.

      when he comes back up the graveyard, he sees his hyung and his car are gone and only his beaten up ford focus was left in the parking lot. his hyung probably had to tend to other things.

     byeongkwan quickly opens the door of his car and ducks into it, slamming the door shut when his feet are fully in the car. he takes out his key and jams it into the keyhole, turning it and starting the engine of the car with a loud rumble.

      byeongkwan pulls back his jacket sleeve to see his watch. "10:43."

      byeongkwan sighs, and starts to pull out of the parking slot. he would have to tend to his other things as well, including his job as a busboy at 11:00. if he hurried quickly enough, he would be able to change into his tight uniform in the employee restroom.

     so byeongkwan drives as quickly as the law and cars in front of him will let him. he isn't the kind of person to drive a red light because he desperately had to. there were times he considered it, but being late would be better than having a fine for 1000s of won. (the average amount of money for a ticket for running a red light is about 159 dollars (usd) if paid within 30 days of getting the ticket, after 30 days pass and the ticket is not paid off, it becomes around 278 dollars (usd))

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

     "byeongkwan, clear table eleven," byeongkwan's manager, somin, yells from the back. she had to work in the kitchen since some of the workers were sick or didn't show up to work, she had to to keep the business running smoothly.

     he picks up his damp wash rag and scowls. he disliked his job very much, but it was the only source of income he could get. while his brother was preparing to marry lee jinsu, his high school crush and his mother was down on the jeju island, on a fabulous honeymoon with her new rich husband, byeongkwan was alone. in his love life and in his actual life.

    he wipes down the table, picking up the bottled condiments and wiping under them, then neatly placing them back down onto the table. jinyoung watches him from an afar.

    when byeongkwan comes back to the window with two empty dishes in his hands, jinyoung smirks at him and cracks a small chuckle.

   "what?" byeongkwan asks, peeved.

    "you seem," jinyoung breathes, taking the two pieces of china from byeongkwan. "pissed."

    byeongkwan sighs loudly and leans against the counter at the window. "no dip, sherlock."