✒your heart is as black as night

'cause your hands may be strong. but the feeling's all wrong. your heart is as black as night.

8. your heart is as black as night
day VII: new friends and crazy girls

i inhaled deeply through my nostrils as my body abruptly wakes itself up. i immediately sensed the despicable scent of cigarette smoke. but, chose to ignore the unusual smell. soon after, my small hands ball into a fist, only to rub my tired eyes. a small yawn escaping my dainty lips.

my sore body rolled over from my back onto my stomach, hoping to feel finn's soft hair. but, my eyebrows wrinkled in confusion, after i was met with an empty bedside.

but, my confused; worried expression relaxed once i was greeted with obnoxiously annoying singing coming from the bathroom, running water joining the mix.

and once realization hit me, reminding me of this exact moment playing before, a smile slowly grew onto my face.

after my two-second panic attack, i found the strength to ignore the pain and manage to sit up, using the thin, silk sheets to cover my bare skin.

and moments after i did so, i was met with an unfamiliar boy, peacefully seated in the previously vacant rocking chair in the corner of the room. his head is faced down, making it hard to identify his face, but very easy to view the beautiful mess of brown curls, almost identical to finn's, that sat on top of his small head.

he looked no older than finn, maybe even a year younger. but, that's just judging off my assumptions. but, the longer i admired his appearance, the older he looked.

he's starring at something in his hand. my vision isnt it's best when i first wake up so, the only thing i can compare it to is either a pistol or dark knife. he is currently attired in a black t-shirt, acting as a second skin, speaking on behalf of how tight the fabric hugged his muscular frame.

covering his legs, were jeans, identically pigmented as his shirt. the black on black theme only complemented the ebony-colored timberland boots, he wore on his feet.

and without warning, my breath hitched, loudly.

the sudden sound immediately caught the boy's attention, causing his head to instantly shoot up, his eyes soon meeting mine. his owned a pair of thick, long, chestnut eyebrows, that only added to size of his large chestnut eyes.

and from his lips hung, none other than a half-burned cigarette.

i was mad about how proudly he held the cancer stick in between his plump lips. but, i was even angrier at myself for still not finding the strength to say anything.

but he didnt say anything either. instead, he leaned forehead, resting his elbows on his thighs. then, he removed the cigarette from his lips, im assuming to allow himself to speak.

"you wouldnt happen to have a machete i could borrow, would you?" he asked me, the sudden sound of his voice, causing me to jump. i thought he was joking at first. but, there was so smile to be found on his still face. he was being completely serious.

and that was it. that was the one thing that caused my body to immediately wake up and realize what the fuck is going on.

"finn!" i screeched, louder than, even i, intended. i assumed the boy would be intimidated or worried of my sudden call. but, he only let out that same obnoxiously irksome laugh that finn shared.

moments later, i heard the bathroom door swing open, revealing a drenched finn. his soaked bangs fell onto his eyes, making him quickly flip remove them from blocking his vision, revealing his wide eyes.

his body half was barely covering his lower half, still making it easy to see his defined v-line. "what!" he yelled, worry and genuine concern being heard in his stern tone.

"who the fuck is he!" i yelled, pointing at the boy in the corner of the room. finn's expression then switched from worried to furious as he spotted the same anonymous being. next thing i knew, finn grabbed the emergency gun he hid under the mattress and raised it up, pointed directly at the boy.

his long finger, pulled the trigger tightly, sending a rapid bullet, landing in the wall directly beside the boy's head. it was so close, i thought it chipped off a piece of his ear. but, the bullet didnt shock me, more so the undeniable fact that finn never misses.

so, it was only obvious that he wasnt intending to kill the boy, possibly using the bullet as a warning sign, allowing the boy to comprehend that finn can and will indeed shoot him if he really wanted to.

"what the fuck did i tell you, jack? no. smoking. in. the. house." finn informed the boy, taking the opportunity to have a bullet followed after each and every word, making sure to make himself clear.

jack? who the fuck is jack? wait...does finn-

"what the fuck, finn! you know him!" i yelled, anger being sensed in my voice. the dark-haired boy then turned to me and dropped his arm, sending me a small, guilty smile.

"uh, yeah...erm, this is a friend of mine, ja-" he began to explain. but, at this point, i completely gave up on fighting with finn and his unpredictable ways.

"i want to go shopping." i announced, simply not caring about finn nor his new friend.

his eyebrows furrowed, adding on to the confused look he now wears. "what?" he asked, not fully able to decide if what i just said was real or not.

"i said i want to go shopping. take me."