2/4

norah's pov.

"..."

I had nothing to say to him. I wasn't shocked to hear his voice. I knew he'd call eventually, just not so late...

"hello? norah, you still there?" he asked, worriedly. I sighed and shook my head lightly. "...what do you want, finn?" I asked, my voice below and holding little to no power.

"...norah I'm-" I cut him off immediately, not wanting to hear his next word. "If you're just gonna apologize, you might as well hang up." I informed him, bluntly, my voice holding no emotion whatsoever.

There was a short silence after that. Then, I heard him sigh. "...can we talk, Norah?" he asked, gently. "no, Finn. we can't. I don't want to hear whatever you have to say." I told him, honestly.

"Norah, please, I'm begging you, besides, I have some of your things that you left. And there's a few things that I need to get off of my chest." He told me, causing me to scoff and roll my eyes.

"unbelievable..." I uttered to myself, letting out a sarcastic laugh. "If you haven't forgotten, you kicked me out. your shitty father shot me in the thigh. and you left me in that hospital. you had the choice to come back and check up on me months again but you didn't. so no. we can't talk. fuck you, finn. fuck. you." I announced calmly into the phone before hanging up the phone and storming off.

and right as I did, I saw Paul cooking dinner in the kitchen. with hesitation needed, I walked over to him, wet faced and heart broken. and just as he began to ask about me, I dove right into his stomach, gripping his fleece sweater tightly.

finns pov.

she hung up.

she hung up on me. she hung up on us. the simple act not only broke my confidence but my heart.

I can't believe she wouldn't even let me talk. she didn't even give me a chance to redeem myself for fucks sake.

and just the mere remembering of the event sent me to the edge of breaking down. But, my steady and undying anger refused to let me.

so, instead of doing so, I hopped out of my seat, grabbing a coat from my coat hanger and speeded off steadily to the front door, being sure to stop by my uncles office first.

"erm...zio, is it okay if I take one of your cars for a little joy ride for a couple hours?" I asked, innocently, being sure to make my eyes seem big and hopeless.

He looked up at me and smiled widely, pausing his phone conversation to respond with, "of course, mio caro ragazzo, take any one you want." He said before giving me a thumbs up and sending me out moments later.

and as soon as I exited the room, my face returned right back to the stern bitch face it's usually in.

and after opening the garage and choosing a car, I started the engine and sped down the dim streets of Toronto, in hopes of keeping this same energy once I hit my destination.