3/4

t h e  n e x t  m o r n i n g...

norah's pov.

"alright, peanut, I'll be back in two hours. no more, alright?" Paul told me, causing me to nod my head. he then gave me a hug before kissing the top of my head and leaving out the door.

just about twenty minutes later, after taking a shower, i went back downstairs to feen through the fridge for something to eat.

and just then, I hear the door burst open, revealing that someone broke into the house. so, I immediately grabbed an apple and closed the fridge, chugging the fruit directly at the intruder.

"fuck!" they yelled out in agony, giving me enough time to identify whomever the intruder was. "finn?" I questioned, unsure if it was really him. "...w-why are you here! how did you even get here!-what is wrong with you!" I yelled at him, clearly confused to why he's in front of me, after our last conversation.

"here I was trying to right my wrongs and you had the nerve to hang up on-," he paused mid-way threw his explanation to being here and just stared at me.

almost as if my appearance was responsible for his silence. "what?" I asked, in annoyance, furrowing my eyebrows. "...your hair...it's...dark." he stated, his eyebrows raising as he further examined my hair change.

"no shit, Einstein. you saw my hair before." I reminded him, rolling my eyes in annoyance. "yeah. but...it's been a while. so, i just...i-it looks good." he complimented, rubbing the back of his neck in the process.

all I had to do in response to his compliment was scoff and roll my eyes once again. "i really don't have anything to say to you, that you don't already know. so...please just leave."

I pleaded, already making my way to the door. "what?...no! I'm not leaving until I finish what I have to say!" he yelled, clearly angry that I'm ending his expected conversation. "what do you mean no? it wasn't an option. I'm telling you to get the fuck out of my house!" I told the boy, hoping this time that something will get through his head.

"and if I don't? then what? whatre you gonna do, sweetheart?" he challenged me, his voice low and still, his eyes staring deep into mine, testing my patience.

"don't call me that." I told the boy, my jaw clenching harshly at the sound of the haunting name. "don't call you sweetheart? why not?" he questioned, rhetorically. "oh, does it trigger your ptsd of when we were together?" he asked, knowing the only way to carry on this conversation was to, bring up when we were together.

as soon as that statement left his mouth, my jaw clenched and my eyes narrowed at the tall boy. "don't you fucking da-" i started to threaten but in order to tune me out, he proceeded to talk over me. "you do remember when we were together, right?" he asked me, his head tilting to the side, acting as if he was actually curious to know. "shut up." I uttered, my eyes burning, the longer fin stared into mine. he continued.

"because lately it seems like you don't even remember the good times we had together." he said, furrowing his eyes at me as he watched me carefully. "shut up." I said, a little louder this time, but still not loud enough. "we were together, norah." he reminded me, as if reteaching me about my past. "i don't care, i don't care! shut up!" I screamed, now shutting my eyes tightly and covering my ears with my hands like a child.

"you loved me more than anything but I loved you more!" he yelled over my continuous "shut up"'s. "don't tell me you don't remember that, norah!" he shouted in my face, this time wrapping his large hands around wrists, in hopes of getting my attention. and it worked.

i stopped screaming and releasing my hands from my ears, only to look up at the boy, into his dry eyes with my glossy ones.

"so what! so fucking what!" i yelled, yanking my arms out of his grasp. "yeah, we were together. but what the fuck does any of that mater now!" i told him, his eyes glossing up as well, for reasons that  i do not know. "you still kicked me out! remember that! or what about when you called me a worthless piece of shit and said you never wanted to see my face again! but here you are once again, backstabbing on your own words." i reminded him.

he didn't say anything. instead, he swallowed down hard, attempting to gather some type of comeback as i continued on with my argument.

"youre just so full of yourself that you cant even smell your own shit anymore, can you?" i asked him, rhetorically. silence. "...of course not." i answered for him, letting out a sarcastic laugh.

"so, to sum up whatever you expected to happen. you drive however many miles it took you to get here, your anger growing as fast as the speed of your car. then, when you finally get here, you kicked down my door like Hercules, preparing yourself to scream at me, but somehow get distracted by the sudden change in color of my hair. and after i don't fall for your piece of shit compliments, you get angry and try to force feed me memories of when we were together. but reality is, i do remember. i never stopped. but, i wish i didn't. and now, youre sad. because you finally realize that when you leave me, you have nothing at home waiting for you. and yknow what? i don't even care anymore."

and for the first time ever, i saw finn wolfhard die inside. i physically saw his heart exit his body and at the same time, hot tears streamed down his face in singles.

"i don't care that you've probably been with millions or beautiful super models and called them all the stupid nicknames you gave to me. i don't even care that you probably said you loved them to at least half of them. i don't care that you moved on and i didn't. i don't care."

i summed up my sentence with another sarcastic laugh. and eventually resulting in my smile dropping and i wanted to cry, but i refused to. a few tears are shed, but i just choked up. the urge to cry is definitely there, uncontrollably overwhelmingly, but i suppress it somehow and don't actually cry.

that was two seconds before he frowned at me. two seconds before my face heated up to boiling point. two seconds before i realized that he had nothing. i was all he had left to love. i am literally his everything.

"...yes i do." i finally admitted. i finally confessed to caring about everything that finn has done with other girls when i was in the hospital, fighting for whatever i had to live for. i care about him calling beautiful super models nicknames that he gave me. i do care.