5/5

third person pov.

the tension in the room was palpable. it was so quiet, you could hear a feather hit the floor.

for the last fifteen minutes, the two rivals have been contemplating on whether or not to kill one other now or wait until the other pulls something unexpected.

Finn and his father sat side to side on the far side of the extraordinarily long table, that occupied the majority of mr banks' office.

"now, what'll it be boys? are you going to take up my offer, or are we going to have to settle this like children? But, before you make any thoughtless decisions, i want you to take a minute and think. i have this entire room-this entire house surrounded. so just...give up, yeah? it'll save me a lot of bullets."

Mr banks explained to the gentlemen, hoping his intimidating speech would somehow change the minds of the men sitting across the table. 

but, they only laughed. like the psychotic duo they were.

and after their enjoyed laughing session, mr. wolfhard then leaned forward, his sudden movements causing mr. banks' men to tense up. 

"give up? no. you see, wolfhard men never give up. especially when it comes to money. so, you must be a fucking idiot if you think im going to give you even a single dollar from my profit after you and your hideous men butchered maria."

he sternly informed the man, making sure to remind them of their unforgivable actions. 

this time, mr banks laughed. "i shouldve know it would be impossible to reason with you, leonardo. you filthy greaseballs give italians a bad names. all hair, no brain. and to think, i was going to have mercy on you scumbags. but you know what? fuck. that. jonah, handle my light work." 

mr banks instructed, peeling himself out of his chair moments later. and just as he exited the room, nothing else could be heard over the bullets. 

finns pov. 

my father looked at eachother as banks got out of his chair. and immediately after that son of a bitch left the room, we jumped right out of our seats onto the ground. 

and as we did, we then rolled under the desk, and decided on starting with the grenades instead of wasting our bullets on dead shots. 

so, i grabbed the deadly ball from the inside of my coat pocket, biding the safety ring off the top, lifting my arm up onto to throw it across the room. 

and like clock work, seconds after, all that polluted the air was screams of grown men and later, a explosion so powerful, it flipped over the table, and broke every window in the room. 

whilst those retarded imbeciles continued to run around the room, shooting at the air, we were already gone out of the room. down. what used to be the hall, more specifically. 

every man we saw, we shot immediately, worried that their screams would attract other men. 

and right as we reached what looked like the main entrance hallway, i experience an unspeakably painful, yet, familiar feeling.

ive been shot. 

and as soon as i realize that, i stop in my tracks and remove my hand from the exact spot that ive been shot, my shoulder. 

i instantly turned on my heel, only to be met with a solid figure of someone dressed in all black. with no time to think, i reached for the gun in my back pocket but, my father already beat me to it. 

his arm lifted in an instant, sending a bullet right into their leg. and just as he did, the person dropped to the ground in an instant. not dead, but severely injured. 

but, before my father could finish them off, i stopped him. 

the person..scream...it was so familiar. it sounded like a woman-a girl. maybe...no. it could be...

"what the fuck are you doing, finn!" my father yelled at me as i subconsciously allowed my curiosity to take control over my body. 

the more i inched towards the person, the more they cried out in agony. 

completely ignoring the pain in my shoulder, i bent down and ripped off the ski mask that once covered their face, exposing...

"norah?" i asked in complete shock and disbelief.

the sight of her...realizing that i just shot this girl...caused my heart to fall out of my ass in an instant. 

her previously pale face is now covered in a bright red tint from her crying. in addition to the color change, there were hot tears streaming down either side of her face to complement. 

i couldnt believe that i just shot her. but on top of that, i couldnt believe she shot me.

"finn, we dont have time for this fucked up love session. kill her so we can go"! he ordered me to do. 

the sound of his irksome voice only made me realize that he is the cause of all of this bullshit happening. he is the reason im shot. and he is the reason the most beautiful-stupid, stupid girl is slowly dying before my eyes. 

him. 

"i shouldve know you were a useless piece of shit, just like your mother. i shouldve got rid of you when i had the chance." he stated, aiming his gun right at my head. 

and just as i shut my eyes, expecting to feel nothing moments later, i hear a gunshot but feel nothing from it. which causes my eyes to immediately shoot open, seeing my father's body fall from his knees to the ground in seconds. and after his death fall, a tall figure behind him, stands, placing their weapon right back into their back pocket. 

my cheeks raised up in pure happiness and joy. 

"paul..." i announced breathlessly. paul then ran over to us, ignoring me and giving his attention over to the one that obviously needed it. 

his face was just as pained as norah's at the moment. 

"oh sweetheart...what'd you do now?" he asked, softly, holding the back of her head in his large, fatherly hand.

"stop, stop! dont touch me, any of you! just leave me here to die like you did maria..." she told us, looking me dead in the eyes as she stated the last part. 

of all the request...of all the things she's said to me...that had to be the upmost heartbreaking one yet. 

but, right after the words left her mouth, i was no longer able to be gifted the luxury of witnessing those breathtakingly beautiful emerald eyes of hers. 

thats when i started to panic. thats when my world stopped. 

"p-paul? paul! shes not opening her eyes! why isnt she opening her eyes, paul! paul why isnt she opening her goddamn eyes! fix this!" i yelled, whats left of my heart, out to the man kneeled down in front of me. 

he gave me a dreadfully painful look and he swallowed down hard and scooped the girl up from the ground and ran with her threw the same door he came in from. 

meanwhile, i tried my best to keep up, the pain just now coming back into play, along with the unstoppable thought of paul carrying a dead girl in his arms.