2/5

I inhaled deeply as i walked alongside my father, down the large staircase that acted as a mere decoration in this palace that i once believed was my home.

lately, I'm starting to believe that i don't have a home anymore. i don't feel safe with my father nor finn. everyone i know is either too scared to even protect themselves or are wanted and extremely dangerous criminals.

i want so badly for all of this to be over with but we all know that I'm already in too deep. i don't think ill ever be able to even step outside to get the mail without having someone, anyone trying to kill me.

its a terrible life that i now live, but i know for a fact that from here, it can only get worse.

"have a seat, sweetheart." my father ordered me, kindly, as i took in the scene in front of me. my sister and mother are already down here, seated across from one another, each of them sharing a forced smile look.

nonetheless, i did what i was told with little to no hesitation, mentally preparing myself for my parents' next words.

my mother looks from my sister to me, giving each of us a warm smile, the simple gesture instantly calmed my nerves. "guys, we have something to tell you. and though, you might not like it, its what's best for you two. we have no control over what goes on with these other gangs and we don't know when they're going to make their next move, even kill u-"

"so what are you saying?" i suddenly asked, interrupting my mother's sugar coating.

she didn't respond immediately. she then looked from my father to us, to the ground, then back to us, as she pulled some loose hair behind her small ear.

since my mother was clearly too emotional to continue on what she was saying, my father then decided to hop in and finish it for her. what a gentleman.

"girls, what your mother is saying, is that you two will be put under the witness protection program, where you guys will be safe-"

"safe? safe! how in the fuck will we be safe if we're not with our own goddamn parents! this is pure bullshit, I'm so sick of having my life corrupted because you decided to get your family involved in your drug dealing bullshit!" my sister, Jessica, yelled, her identically pale hands, slamming onto the counter top.

"Jessica Elizabeth Banks, watch your mouth when youre speaking to your father!" my mother yelled back at my sister, resulting in my guilty father, remaining silent in the corner of the kitchen as my mother once again, fights his battles for him.

"or what! huh! what are you gonna do, mom? throw me in the basement too and beat me to death like you did maria!" she yelled, immediately catching my attention.

my head instantly snapped in the direction of my elder sister, whos face is now bright red from screaming so much. "...what?" i asked quietly, too afraid to put confidence in my tone any longer.

the sound of my shaken voice caused my sister to now look at me, her previously normal eyes, now wide and awoke. "oh you didn't know?-" "Jessica, stop it." my father began to threaten my sister, his voice coming off deep and serious.

"no, dad. since we're sharing secrets today, lets start with yours, shall we? so, norah, remember your friend maria? yeah, well your father beat maria so bad, her body was unrecognizable afterwards, then, he put her body in a cardboard box and mailed it to mr. wolfhard's house." she told me.

i just sat there. i didn't breath. i didn't speak. i didn't even blink. i just sat there, thinking. praying. crying. not knowing what to do after hearing that the nicest person you ever met, has just been brutally murdered and mailed by your own father.

my father. my goddamn piece of shit of a father has already took me away from my normal lifestyle. but, now, maria. she was all i had to feel normal and recognized in that house. she was like my second mother...i loved her as much as she loved me. and now...shes gone.

because of him.

i reminded myself over and over that this was all my father's doing and because of what he did, he must pay.

so, i got up out of my seat, stomped towards him, holding ever once of power and anger i had in m body, in my fists. and once i got close enough, i began punching him repeatedly in the stomach, legs, arms. i didn't care where i hit him, i just wanted him to feel every once of pain that ive been feeling since this all began.

"how could you! you piece of shit, asshole! maria did nothing wrong and you took her away from us, from me! i hate you so fucking much! i hope you die and go to hell you goddamn murderer! i hate you, i hate you, i hate you!" i screamed and screamed and screamed, until my body couldn't produce anymore energy to scream any longer.

so, i was then forced to stop and cry, still attempting to punch him. "i hate you...i hate you!" i mumbled, between sobs as my father then felt it was safe to envelope me in a captivating hug, wrapping his large arms around me. his stupid arms. his stupid lips shhing me to calm down. his stupid tears matching mine as if he's the victim.

then, the anger then came back again, my blood boiling once again. so, i viciously pushed my weak body off and away from the man in front of me, who i once called my father. i looked him dead in the eyes and allowed him to stare at and weep as he witnesses his daughter cry, genuinely cry because of him.

"mark my words. you will pay for what you've done."