You're My World

Relationships had always been a problem for her. And it was understandable as to why. Her father had stopped coming around when she was 4 and her mom married another man, her stepfather. Her stepfather was angry and abusive to both her and her mother, until she was 12 and he realized he could get things he wanted from her and all he had to do in return was buy her a few things and take her place. For two year she was traumatized to the point of severe mental health issues but she didn't tell. At least not anyone but Isaac. She would cry to him on the phone each night as she blamed herself for what happened and every night he would assure her that nothing was her fault, but that never changed how she felt.

When they turned 16 Isaac asked her on a date, he knew full well that it wasn't going to be easy for them, she didn't trust men and she lived in a constant state of fear that she was never good enough for anyone to love , much less someone as amazing as Isaac. But Isaac did love her and he wanted to be with her even if she was timid about it. That date went off without a hitch and so did every date after that, mostly, and the two of them were happy most of the time.

A year and a half into their relationship was when it all started for her, she would push him away and sometimes avoid him all together. She loved him, really she did, but her love for him only made the voice in the back of her mind louder.

'He is going to leave you. Just like your daddy did'

'You aren't good enough to be with him.'

'If your father didn't even want you why would he?'

'You are broken and it's all your fault for letting him touch you.'

'Why would Isaac want someone who he can't even have sex with?'

They never stopped but the further she pushed him away the quieter they became. It killed her to push Isaac away and sometimes she just couldn't do it. Sometimes she pushed past the voices and right into Isaac's waiting arms. Tonight was one of those nights, Y/N pushed past the noise in her head and invited Isaac over for pizza and movies. He jumped at her offer and practically ran to her house. He had missed her and could hardly wait to have her wrapped in his arms that night.

It was perfect. They were cuddled together on the couch watching Dance Moms, laughing and kissing and talking. It was totally perfect. Then the feelings had come on suddenly. One second she was happy as could be, cuddled up with Isaac and the next the voices in the back of her head were screaming at her. For a moment she couldn't breath.

"I can't do this!" She screamed as she jumped from the couch and up the stairs to her room, locking the door behind her and sliding down to the floor against it. Isaac raced up the stairs after her knocking on the door before trying to open it, unsuccessfully.

"Baby, will you let me in please?" Isaac rested his forehead against the door.

"No." He could hear her crying as he slid down his side of the door. He laid his head back against the door and sighed.

"Then I guess we are going to have to talk through the door. What's wrong? How can I help you?" Y/N sniffled on the other side of the door but didn't say anything. "Please Y/N, I love you and I only want to help, if you'll let me." It took a moment before Y/N spoke.

"Why do you stay with me?" Isaac chucked at the question as he answered.

"Because I love you and I've been in love with you since we were like 6."

"But why do you love me? My dad didn't even love me so why would anyone else?" Isaac took a deep breath before standing up and walking down the stairs. Y/N began to cry when she heard the door shut. But soon Isaac was tapping at her window. She opened it up to let him in and he enveloped her in the tightest hug he had ever given her.

"I love you because you are amazing. You are kind and loving and caring and just all around one of the best humans on the planet if not the best. Your dad and step-dad are both assholes for treating you the way they did but what they did in no way changes how I feel about you. You're my world. I don't have anyone but you and even if I did it wouldn't make me stop loving you because you would still be you and I would still be me. I knew what I was getting into when we started dating and I know sometimes you need your space but I want you to remember that at the end of the day, I don't go to bed loving you any less. In fact, I love you more because you are so strong and you don't deserve to be treated the way you have been by the people that are supposed to love you the most. But nothing that has ever happened or will ever happen will make me leave you or stop loving you. I've imagined our wedding day and our home and our kids, I'm in too deep now to stop loving you." Y/N wept into his chest soaking his shirt in tears.

"What about sex? I know you want it so badly and it's just not something I can give to you." Isaac smiled and kissed her the top of her head.

"I understand that and I am never going to force you to try because as much as I would like it, it's not that big of a deal to me. Besides whenever I imagine our kids they are always adopted." Y/N smiled and looked up at Isaac, kissing him lightly.

"Thank you." Isaac pulled her in a little tighter.

"I know it doesn't fix everything and I know it never will but I do love you and I would do anything to help you. Even if it's just this."