Writer Wrong

She sat at her desk watching the cursor blink over the nearly blank document, taunting her to the point of nausea. It was rolling up on day number three of staring at the exact same document with the exact same cursor blinking in the exact same place. Three days of wanting to bash her head against a wall, of wanting to throw herself for the two story window, of wanting to throw her laptop from the two story window. She placed her fingers to the keys half a million times, always taking them off before any words could be put to paper. For the first time in her life it felt like her brain was empty.

She pushed herself away from the desk and stood up, stretching her hands high above her head before looking at the clock that hung on the wall, Four Thirty-Six, it only then occurred to her that she hadn't had anything to eat the entire day and had brought in a bottle of water that morning that was less than half empty now. So she shut down her computer for the third day in a row after having written nothing, unlocked her office door and stepped out to find Isaac standing there with his fist raised as if ready to knock on the door and a shocked expression painted on his face.

"What were you about to do?" She questioned him in a bitter tone.

He lowered his fist and began to explain. "I know you don't like to be bothered when you're in your office but I got home a little bit ago and there is no sign that you've been out of the office all day, I was worried about you."

"Well I'm fine. Don't knock on my door." She spat, narrowing her eyes at the tall man before her.

"Well I don't have to now you're out." He said, trying to put a smile on her face but it didn't work.

"Unfortunately." She mumbled and turned to head downstairs to the kitchen with Isaac following closely behind.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." She hissed.

Isaac scoffed. "Don't give me that, I could smell it the second I stepped in the house."

"Smell what?" She asked, faking ignorance.

Isaac moved and was now standing behind her, his face close to her neck as she looked through the cupboard. "Anxiety, rage, disappointment. Are you still blocked?"

Y/N sighed and moved away from Isaac, pushing herself up onto the island countertop in the center of the kitchen. "I'm just uninspired." She finally confessed, sinking into herself in despair.

Isaac now stood between her legs, his hands holding both sides of her face. "Oh baby, how can I help you?"

"You can't." She replied as she shook her head, then resting her arms around Isaac's shoulders.

"What have you eaten today?" He asked, already knowing the answer but wanting to hear it from the horse's mouth.

"Nothing." She mumbled, looking away from him.

"Then, let's make dinner together and talk." He offered, picking her up from the counter and placing her back onto the floor.

"About what?" She questioned, trying to avoid talking about her book at all costs.

"Everything." He replied with a smile before kissing her lips and moving to get the things need to start dinner.

Y/N and Isaac now stood at the sink having finished dinner, Isaac washing and Y/N drying, still talking about everything under the sun. There was a lull in conversation as Isaac began to wash the last pan that he used to talk about what he had wanted to talk about since the beginning.

"So tell me about this book that has my girl in such a tizzy."

"Well, it's about a girl who has been told all her life who she was, who she is going to be, who she will fall in love with, how she will spend her entire life, and she hates it but she never could see a way out. Until one summer she runs into a boy she had grown up with while away from her family and friends and they spend the summer falling in love. Then when it's time to go back home neither of them want to go back to the way things were and she does everything in her power to change the way things are supposed to be, the way she was always told they would be. She distances herself from friends and family and clings to any bit of hope that he didn't want things to change either. And despite the fact that she still has a boyfriend, the boy she is supposed to marry right out of high school, she wants nothing more than to be with this other boy and she will do anything to be with him. She just isn't sure how much she is going to lose in the process."

"What part are you stuck on for inspiration?" He asked, handing her the pan then washing his hands.

She sighed. "A part where her and two of her new friends go to the mall."

Isaac now leaned against the counter, his arms crossed over his chest looking at her. "And you can't remember what it's like to be a normal teenage girl with her friends at the mall?" His face contorted in confusion, they may be older but they were still closer to school age than middle age.

Y/N set the pan to the side for Isaac to put away in the tall cupboards then leaned against the counter herself sending her boyfriend a smirk thinking about the last time she considered herself a normal teenager. "The last time I was a normal teenage girl who went to the mall with her friends I was barely sixteen, one of my friends came from a family of werewolf hunters and the other was a banshee, not to mention I was unknowingly dating a werewolf. I wouldn't say that was normal in anyway. And if I remember correctly the last time the three of us went to the mall you, Scott, and Stiles followed us around the entire time thinking we couldn't see you and then we were almost attacked by a pack of alpha werewolves in the parking garage. Super not normal." The two of them laughed, though it's a wonder either of them got out of high school, or Beacon Hills alive when so many hadn't been as lucky. As their laughter calmed down Y/N looked at her hands and sighed trying to think of a way to explain her problem to the man she loved so much. "But that's not it, something about the scenes I have in my head doesn't seem right. I don't know what it is about it but they aren't matching up with the characters properly, like it's too cliché."

Isaac picked up the pan and placed in into its stop in the cupboard. "Cliché isn't bad. It's just cliché. I think every book needs a few moments like that, where things seems like a million other things in the world. It's a reminder that people are people and sometimes characters are just people doing people things. They aren't always extraordinary or spectacular, sometimes they're just human." He explained thoughtfully.

Y/N sighed. "I suppose you're right."

Isaac smiled and wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug. "I know I'm right." He chuckled before kissing the top of her head. "And Dear?"

"Yes?"

He pushed her body away from his to look her in the eye. "You need to remember to take better care of yourself, especially when I'm gone all day. No more forgetting to eat or drink. You can't punish yourself for being in a block. You need brain food to keep that genius mind of yours working" He smiled and kissed her forehead.

"I promise I'll try to be more on top of it." She assured, then he pulled her back to his chest and she wrapped her arms around his body.

"I love you, now come on, let's watch a movie and cuddle. I miss you when I'm at work all day, do you miss me?" He asked, resting his cheek against the top of her head.

"Honestly most of the time I have no idea you're gone." She replied truthfully.

Isaac pulled away with a shocked expression "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that," He said, then picked her up and carried her into the living room, dropping the two of them back onto the sofa. "Now, snuggles."

The two cuddled together the rest of the night, Y/N's mind half in the life she was living and half of her still sitting in her office chair staring at a blinking cursor. Perhaps tomorrow will be the day that it moves again.