Ghost (Part 2)

Saturday

It had been a long tear filled night for Y/N, unable to sleep until the early hours of the morning, she was thankful for a Saturday. When she first opened her eyes after only a few hours of sleep she was startled to find that Isaac was not beside her in the bed but soon became more distressed when she remembered their argument from the night before. It came back in flashes of her yelling and crying and standing her ground for the first time in their relationship. She remembered feeling him kiss her cheek and watching him walk out of their bedroom with a bag of his things. She remembered taking a bath and trying to scrub away the guilt she felt for the sadness that had been in his eyes. She remembered spending the night crying and trying to fall asleep but ultimately crying some more until exhaustion took over just before 6am. It was now nearing almost noon and she laid awake in her bed unable to sleep any longer and unable to move for the current position she was in even with the loud banging coming from downstairs and the repeated sound of someone hitting the doorbell. It made her head pound but she still couldn't will herself to move from the bed and she was thankful when it finally stopped. She closed her eyes again hoping that sleep would come and allow her to sleep away the week but she was startled awake again when her bedroom door burst open.

Standing before her was Lau, a bright and slightly concerned smile adorning her face. "Good morning sunshine." She walked across the room and yanked the covers off of her friend causing Y/N to groan at the loss of comfort.

"What are you doing here?"

"You messaged me last night, remember? Told me about what was going on with Isaac? Asked me to come over this morning? Do you remember any of that?"

"Not really, how did you get in?" Lau pulled a key out of her pocket.

"You really should find a better hiding place than under the mat." Y/N rolled her eyes before turning on her side to face the place Isaac usually slept. "Come on get out of bed."

"I don't wanna."

"I don't care."

"Well I'm the one wallowing in self-pity so I don't care that you don't care." Lau rolled her eyes and sat on the edge of Y/N's bed and beginning to rub her back in a soothing manner.

"You know what will make you feel better?"

"Calling Isaac?"

"Nope, try again."

"Day drinking?"

"Yes! Now come on, we'll have some toast or something and drink mimosas, after that we'll break out the wine and spend several hours drinking, watching reality TV and talking about boys. It'll be just like college all over again." Lau jumped up from the bed, took Y/N's hand and pulled her off of the bed and onto the floor. Y/N feel to the ground with a thud and groaned again both in pain and in protest but before she could climb back into bed Lau was dragging her out of the bedroom and down the stairs to the kitchen. Y/N plopped down on a stool at the island as Lau pulled out glasses, orange juice and champagne for mimosa, handing one to her friend then rummaging around the kitchen to cook a late breakfast for the two of them. They made small talk as they sat in the kitchen and even smaller talk while they ate and if it was possible even smaller talk as they watched shows like Marriage Boot Camp and Big Brother. It wasn't until they were sitting in the living room later in the evening with a box of pizza watching The Bachelor that the conversation turned a little more serious.

"What was the original argument about?" Y/N hung her head low, remembering the simple conversation that seemed to quickly turn sour from the night before.

"I wanted to spend our week off with my parents, it's that time of year again and I know how mom gets. They rented a lake house about an hour away and asked us to stay with them. He wasn't into the idea I guess and threw a big fit about spending time with Chris this week, which was fine I said we could just go for the weekend and they would be happy with that but he was insistent on not going and I kept throwing out alternatives and he kept shooting it down and all his ideas involved only spending a day with my parents and it just turned into a huge mess."