Ghost (Part 8 Finale)

Friday

Y/N didn't get much sleep that night. She was too emotional for any sort of rest and she spent most of the night cleaning every surface in the house twice. It was quarter after seven when she decided to finally text Isaac.

Ms. Y/L/N-7:15am: Hey I know it's early but I just wanted to see when and where you wanted to meet up today.

Mr. Lahey ;)-7:15am: Hey don't worry about the time I've been up for hours haha :) How about noon at the house? I'll pick up some lunch and bring it over pasta from Antonia's okay?

Ms. Y/L/N-7:16am: Sounds good see ya then.

Mr. Lahey ;)-7:18am: I love you x

Y/N looked at the screen for several minutes before setting it face down on the counter and walking upstairs to the shower. As she was soaking in the shower, her thoughts turned to Isaac. How had he been these last few days, was he as desperate to see her as she was to see him or maybe he'd had a great week and he didn't miss her for a second. Maybe he wanted to move on, yes he had said e loved her but maybe that was just to make her feel better. Maybe she wanted to move on and she was just too scared of being alone. Her mind swirled with anxieties until she finally just got out of the shower and moved on to rummaging her closet for something to wear. She hadn't worried about what to wear around Isaac in years and yet here she was standing naked in front of her closet worrying about what to wear in front of him as they sat in their living room eating pasta and talking. It seemed like such an important thing and yet so insignificant.

Once she finally decide and finished getting ready it was almost 11 and she was starting to panic. She didn't know why but her emotions where everywhere and she couldn't handle much more of this waiting, all she wanted was for Isaac to get home and to be able to run into his arms and never let him go again. Though this thought was followed up by thoughts of never seeing each other again. Her thoughts occupied her mind as she sat on the couch, Puddin curled up in her lap. Thoughts continued to cloud her mind when she heard the front door open.

"Seriously Lau? You can't just walk in without calling." Y/N stood from the couch but by then Isaac was standing in the living room entry way.

"Sorry I'm early, I couldn't wait any longer." The two stood there for a moment looking at each other, smiling, before Isaac lifted the large take out bag from on of their favorite restaurants. "I brought lunch, just like I said I would." Y/N continued stand beside the couch looking at Isaac as she nodded, still not saying a word. "So do you want to eat in here or take it to the kitchen, maybe the dinning room? Anywhere you want to be is where I'll go." Y/N nodded again before sitting back on the couch.

"Here's fine." Her voice sounded small but Isaac nodded and made his way to the other end of the couch, turning slightly to face her with one leg bent on the seat beside him. She turned sitting in a similar position, watching him take food from the bag.

"I got you the Chicken Alfredo and I got the Fried Ravioli, I thought we could share like we always do." Y/N looked down at her food before responding.

"I'm actually not in the mood for ravioli so I'll just eat mine if that's okay."

"Yeah of course, so, anything new?"

"I went to check out my classroom, perfect as always, Barb said you should go in soon and arrange the room now that Michael is retired."

"I'll be sure to do that. It will be weird transitioning from a two teacher room to a one teacher room."

"Not really, the first few days you'll forget to lock your door when you go to lunch thinking he will have a class coming in but it won't take long, I only worked with Stephanie for a few months though so changing wasn't difficult for me."

"That's good to hear." The two sat in an awkward silence, as they picked at their food. Isaac felt like the box inside his pocket was going to burn a hole right through his skin but if they couldn't even seem to talk about work he couldn't just ask her out of nowhere. Timing is half the battle. Finally Y/N had had enough, setting her food on the able she completely turned her body towards Isaac on the couch.

"I'm sick of this. We need to really talk be for we go any further." Isaac set his food down, moving to face the woman beside him on the couch

"I agree, how about you go first." She took a deep breath before beginning.

"I want to be with you, I love you more than I've ever loved anyone in my life. This was the worst week of my life, and it was little things that would catch me up like putting on too much chap-stick and not having someone to kiss the excess off, or no one to rub my extra lotion on or to warm me up when the bath water got cold. It was little things that got me and I thought that this is what life would be like without you and I hated it." Y/N moved closer to Isaac taking his hands in her own, looking into his eyes. "I think you are the most amazing human I have ever met; you are kind and intelligent and you make want to be better a better person just so I can keep up with you. You have had a lot of traumas in your past and it would be wrong on me to hold that against you." She paused, looking down at their hands for a moment before continuing. "However I've had a lot of traumas too, things that have hurt me far more than I care to admit and those are things I need to work through. I know I shouldn't be jealous of Allison and that's something I need to work on and I don't know if I will get over it right away but I still don't think you need to be comparing me to her because it only makes things harder for the both of us. I love you and I want to be with you and I'm not going to make you forget about Allison because I know you loved her but I need reassurance from you that you are going to actively try not to compare us, especially when we are having an argument about something. I know it will be hard but-"

"Yes."

"You didn't let me finish."

"I know but you don't need to, if that's what you need me to do for us to be together I will do it. I will do anything you need me to do if it means being with you. I love you and I want to be with you for the rest of my life. If you told me to cut off my right foot I would do it because you are important to me and it took me too long to see it. For a long time I thought that moving on with you would mean I would forget Allison but the more I think about it I don't know how much I knew her to begin with. She broke my heart twice, the night she died in Scott's arms and again last week when I thought I was going to lose you. You were right, I was in love with the memory I had of her but that memory wasn't her, not the real her and even if there was still a real her in my life I would still want to be with you because I love you more than anything or anyone and I feel safe when I'm with you and it's been a long time since I've felt safe and I took that feeling for granted when I was with you but I will never do it again. I love you and I never want to stop saying it." Then Isaac let go of her hands, stood up to reach into his pocket pulling out a small wooden box, opening it as he knelled down on the floor beside the couch. "So, will you marry me?"