No One Could Be As Stubborn

It hit her like an eighteen wheeler. She didn't know why it hurt so much, all she knew was that when she heard those words fall from his lips it was like be heart was being ripped from her body. It was supposed to be a fun night, after surviving Oni and the nogitsune everyone needed fun. So everyone gathered up at Lydia's house and got to telling secrets. Isaac's secret had been the one to break her apart. 'I kissed Allison.' It fell smoothly from his tongue and she couldn't believe how easy it had been for him to say, how easy it was for him to unknowingly break her heart. She sat downstairs for a few more minutes before excusing herself up to Lydia's room. She sat on the bed, scrolling through her phone and attempting to forget the ache in her chest, a task that felt damn near impossible.

There was a light knock at the door before it slowly opened and Lydia slipped inside.

"Hey." Lydia offered a sympathetic smile to her friend as she walked to the other side of the bed to sit beside her.

"Hi."

"How are you holding up?"

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean?" Lydia chuckled. "I mean you just heard the guy you're in love with say he kissed someone else."

"I'm not in love with Isaac."

"That's so not true. You're both in love with each other. Though it's hard to see why you wouldn't be."

"What are you on about?"

"I'm just saying that you two are a lot alike. You're both kind and caring and you want what's best for others. You're both painfully shy and you're both insanely loyal and brutally honest. You're sassy and not to mention you are both crazy about each other and too stubborn to admit it."

"I am absolutely not interested in Isaac Lahey, you're crazy."

"See? Prime example, no one could be as stubborn as the two of you! Literally no human being on this entire planet is as stubborn as you two. Could you just save the rest of us all the suffering and at the very least admit that you have some sort of feelings for each other."

"I never said that I didn't have feelings for him. Hatred is a feeling."

"Oh you are being such a little liar right now," Lydia pushed her friend slightly with her shoulder. "I see the way your eyes light up when you first see each other or when the other isn't looking. Scott can hear your hearts skip and race when you're within a hundred feet of each other and when you heard that he and Allison had kissed it was almost as if I could see your heart physically being torn in half."

Y/N looked down at her hands, unsure of if she should lie or just tell her friend the truth.

"I could feel it." Lydia smiled at her friend. "See, I knew you had feelings for him."

Y/N rolled her eyes.

"But it was Allison he kissed, not me."

"He kissed Allison because she's Allison, sometimes I think she's part mermaid because everyone wants her." The two girls smiled before a voice spoke up at the door.

"Really? If anyone is part mermaid around here it's you." Allison smiled at her two friends before stepping into the room.

Lydia smiled at her friend. "Hey Allison."

Y/N lowered her head and spoke in a small voice."Hi Allison."

"Everyone left." Allison turned to Y/N. "I came up to talk with you, if that's okay."

"It's fine, as long as you don't mind Lydia staying."

"Of course not," Allison sat on the bed facing her two best friends. "I wanted to explain what happened with Isaac."