Scott's Stepsister (Part 3)

Friendships and Sleepovers

It had been several weeks since school started, Y/N had gotten to know Scott and Isaac's friends but more often than not she would find herself in her room when the group would come over. Not that she hadn't been invited to hang out with them, she just was still uncomfortable among this group of friends. With the exception of Isaac, she was more comfortable with him than with anyone she had met in all of Beacon Hills. Otherwise she had settled in quite nicely. She was doing well in her classes, she had made a few acquaintances and it was starting to feel like this place could and would be her home.

Y/N sat on the couch, her knees to her chest as she sent silly snapchats to Isaac, who was sitting in a chair beside her. They laughed at the faces and filters when they heard the front door open then close. The two looked up to see Scott walking into the house with a smile on his face. He moved into the living room and plopped down on the opposite end of the couch and took his own phone out.

"Hey." Scott said, eyes on his phone.

"Hey." Y/N and Isaac replied in unison, something the two had done more than once recently.

"How's Kira?" She asked eyes never leaving her own phone.

"She's good, she asked how you were doing. I told her you were settling in well."

"She's sweet."

"You should hang out with her some time. Her, Lydia, and Malia. They like you." Scott eyed her for a moment before training back on his phone.

"I-" She started but was cut off by the sound of two sets of footsteps coming down the stairs as Melissa and Matthew made their way into the living room with the children.

"Oh good, you're all here. We wanted to talk the three of you about something." Matt started

Matt sat in the chair across from Isaac and Melissa sat on the arm of the chair with Matt's arm around her. They looked at the teenager for a moment before continuing.

"Next weekend we are going away. Just the two of us."

"And we wanted to set some ground rules." Melissa said with a smile.

"Number one, no ragers. Y/N I'm looking at you." Matt stated, pointing a finger towards his daughter with a light smirk on his face.

"Oh, come on, that was one time and it wasn't even my idea! Besides I was 14, how much of a rager could it have really been?" Y/N questioned, rolling her eyes.

Her father shook his head. "Just, keep partying to a minimum."

"You guys have to eat real food at some point over the weekend. We are leaving you money for take out but please try to eat something resembling a vegetable." Melissa practically begged even though she was fully aware there was no chance of it happening.

"Finally, just be sure to clean up any mess you make before four PM on Sunday. You can have as big a party as you want, as long as we don't know about it." Matt said, smiling at the kids before him, only to have Melissa look at him as if he had told them to set the house on fire.

The three of them laughed at the exchange. "Is that all?" Isaac asked.

"Yup, go back to sitting on your phones as a group." Melissa said before standing up, followed by Matthew as the two made their way out of the living room and toward the kitchen. Y/N stood up and followed them, reaching out to grab her dad's arm. "Hey Dad, I wanted to ask you a question."

"Yeah sweetie, what's up?"

"I was wondering if I could invite the girls over this weekend."

"Kira, Malia and Lydia?" Melissa asked.