Picnics

She stood at the counter, placing the last of the food into the wicker basket before closing the top. It was Y/N's turn to plan a date and she had chosen a picnic in the park. It was simple, it was sweet, it was low key and casual. Everything her relationship with Isaac was.

While it was meant to be casual Y/N had still spent the night before, and the morning of the date preparing the food for the two of them. She enjoyed the process and she wanted everything to be amazing, even perfect. She didn't plan many of their dates, so when she did she took extra care doing so. She loved Isaac and this was one of her favorite ways to show it, small meaningful gestures.

She plucked the basket off the counter, straightened out her white swing dress with the little red hearts and walked out the door.

Isaac waited for Y/N at the park, sitting on a blanket in the grass wearing an outfit that Y/N had picked out for him. When he heard heels clacking against the sidewalk he looked over to see that she had arrived. He stood and took long strides towards her, meeting her more than halfway and quickly leaning in to kiss her.

"Well hello to you too." Y/N smiled.

"I missed you. Here let me take that for you. Picnic in the park, very classic. Vintage almost." Isaac took the basket from Y/N then took hold of her hand.

"Totally! I even dressed the part." She said, gesturing to her dress.

"And you look beautiful. Let's get in the shade and see what you brought. This werewolf is half way to starving." Isaac chuckled pulling Y/N towards the area he had set up for their picnic.

"I see you brought pillows." She said, sitting down with her legs off to the side.

Isaac set the basket down before sitting across from Y/N with his legs stretched out in front of him. "Books, too. I thought it could be a nice and relaxing day for us."

Y/N flipped open the basket, taking out the wine she had packed and pouring it into glasses. "Sounds nice. It'll be nice to just relax together, not worrying about anything but being with you and eating some delicious food I made."

"Speaking of, I am excited for the alcohol but also I don't feel it so where's the food?"

"In the basket, obviously." Y/N giggled, pulling out a tupperware container and handing it to Isaac. "First we have little caprese salad skewers and..." She reached into the basket again, pulling out a smaller container with a brown liquid. "Balsamic reduction. Not gonna lie mom made these. Oh, and some angel eggs." She stated excitedly pulling out an egg carton.

"Angel eggs?" Isaac asked curiously.

"They're deviled eggs but kinda shaped like hearts." She explained with a giggle.

Isaac opened the egg carton to see that the eggs were indeed shaped like hearts. "Oh those are cute. How did you do that?"

"It's a secret. The mozzarella in the caprese skewers is also heart shaped. Spoiler alert they are not the last heart shaped foods in the basket."

"I don't mind, it makes me think about how much effort you put into this date. Makes me love you a little more."

"Would you love me less if they weren't heart shaped?" Y/N asked.

Isaac thought for a moment before shaking his head. "Probably not, but we'll never know because they are heart shaped." He picked up an egg and popped it into his mouth in a form of punctuation.

Y/N nodded and reached into the basket again. "That's true. By the way I made sandwiches, as well."

Isaac swallowed, "Also shaped like hearts?" He asked.

Y/N laughed lightly at the question. "Obviously. The wheat is egg salad and the white is chicken salad."

"They smell delicious."

"Eat as many as you like, I didn't exactly bring werewolf sized portions."

Isaac picked up a small heart, examining its small size sadly. "I can see that. What else is in there?" He asked, peeking into the basket.

"Dessert."

"What's for dessert?"

"Me." Y/N offered with a suggestive smile.

"Well yeah, but not in the middle of the park. I meant real food."

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Strawberry and watermelon heart skewers, and those strawberry cake balls you liked from Mom's birthday party."

"You mean the ones I fell in love with? I may love those more than I love you."

Again Y/N laughed at Isaac statement. "Yes, those. But the catch is, you have to kiss me before you can eat them." Isaac quickly leaned in a pecked Y/N on the lips before turning to the dessert. Y/N slapped his hand lightly causing him to turn back to her. "No, really kiss me."

Isaac smiled at her and he could hear her heart race. "Like this?" Again Isaac leaned in, this time slowly, pressing his lips lightly to hers. The kiss was slow and filled with love, it was borderline making out when Isaac pulled away. He rested his forehead against her's, both of their eyes still closed.

A wide smile spread across Y/N's face. "Yeah, exactly like that."

Isaac kissed her forehead before pulling back and popping a cake ball into this mouth with a smile. The rest of the day was spent relaxing together in the park, reading and eating, Y/N's head in Isaac's lap, enjoying the company of the person they loved the most.