But That's My Favorite Shirt

She was in excruciating pain from the moment she woke up that morning. It was right on time as always, as predictable as her birthday and she was always prepared but it never stopped the pain from crippling her. Thankful Her period landed on a long weekend this month and so by the time she had to do anything or go anywhere it would be gone; but still right now, in this very moment she cursed everything she could possibly think of on her painful journey to the bathroom.

After showering and cleaning herself up for the day she changed into the most comfortable clothes she had in her possession, which happened to be a pair of yoga pants and one of Isaac's tee-shirts he had left there, and started to make the agonizing walk downstairs to get breakfast and painkillers. Half-way down the stairs the front door burst open and Isaac ran into the house and bounded up the stairs before picking up his girlfriend and continuing on up the stairs to her room.

"What are you doing out of bed? You are in pain and I told you I would be here to take care of you." Another upside to predictability was that Isaac always knew when it was going to happen and always planned his month accordingly.

"I was just going to get some breakfast and some painkillers. I didn't know you were on your way or I would have waited." Isaac sat Y/N down on her bed and looked at her unamused.

"No you wouldn't have." Y/N looked up and smiled at him.

"You're right I wouldn't have but I would have been quicker about it." She giggled but soon regretted it as the pain in her uturus radiated throughout here lower abdomin and into her back. "Ah, okay no more laughing." She frowned and laid back onto her bed, curling into a more comfortable position. Isaac sat down on the bed beside her and rubbed her back.

"So I am going to go downstairs and get you something to eat and some medicine, do you want me to heat up your corn bag?"

"Yes please, and also please no food. The thought of food actually is repulsive at this point."

"Crackers it is. I'll be right back."

Isaac was back quickly and was soon cuddled up with her girlfriend as they talked about everything under the sun, Isaac intermittently taking bits of pain from her as they spoke, thought soon the room fell silent as they relaxed in each others presence. Isaac broke the silence with a voice just above a whisper.

"Hey how do you feel about a movie and maybe some soup to accompany those crackers from earlier?" Y/N nodded and Isaac picked her up and took her downstairs to the living room. Placing her on the couch, Isaac when to go warm up some soup for the two of them and Y/N got comfortable on the couch. Isaac walked into the room, soup in hand and placed them on the coffee table. Isaac then turned to get a good look at his girlfriend for the first time that day, she sat on the couch scrolling through her phone curled up with her knees to her chest. He looked at her for a few more moments before scrunching his face up in confusion.

Y/N felt Isaac's gaze on her and turned her attention to him.

"What is it?"

"Are you wearing my shirt?"

"Yes?"

"But that's my favorite shirt."

"Yes, and now it's my favorite shirt." Isaac chucked, plopping down on the couch next to Y/N, pulling her into his side and kissing her temple.

"I love you so much. And you can keep my shirt, it looks better on you anyway." Y/N smiled and kissed him and spoke as she cuddled into his chest.

"Thanks, but I wasn't planning on giving it back anyway."