We Need You Again

The room was big and open, the curtains were sheer, letting the early morning light shine in and cast the room in a warm glow. She woke to the light shining in her eyes and a hand rubbing her back gently. She smiled at his touch, sighing as she closed her eyes.

"We need to get new curtains." Y/N mumbled.

"Or you could get up earlier." Isaac suggested.

"Not happening." Y/N rolled over onto her side, smiling at the sight of her boyfriend."

"How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough to make breakfast. Do you want some?"

"Yeah, It's like nine right? I guess I should get up."

Together they made their way into the kitchen for breakfast. It was a normal saturday no classes, no work, just the two of them together. Isaac made pancakes, eggs and bacon for breakfast, a new skill he had picked up in the recent months.

"We should head out to the farmer's market today."

"Sounds good to me. Pumpkin is back in season we could pick up some of that puree Sam makes for the cats, they love pumpkin."

"And that apple butter Martha sells. I know you like it on your toast."

"I love it on my toast. How about we have a shower and then head out?"

"As in a shower together?"

"Well that's what I intended. If you would rather-"

"Nope. Together is perfect!"

The two arrived just after eleven, their shower taking longer than anticipated. The market was filled with people, vendors and customers alike. Each stand was stacked with wooden crates, filled with colorful vegetables and fruits, homemade treats and homegrown flowers.

Y/N and Isaac walked through the market hand in hand just as they did every weekend. Speaking to one vendor or another, picking out things to cook at home as well as homemade things, like their neighbor Martha's apple butter or their friend Sam's pumpkin puree. All that could be heard in the market were the sounds of Frenchmen speaking to one another, and the broken French Isaac tried to use. One would think after almost a year in the country, as well as 5 years of taking the language back home, he would have picked up something. No such luck but it was cute to watch him try. Most people knew what he meant at this point. And as always Isaac split just before they were about to leave, coming back with a small bouquet of flowers.

"Why do you always do this?"

"Consistency." He smiled kissing her softly on the lips before taking her hand and moving on.

After collecting their goods from the farmer's market the two made their way to a small cafe for some lunch. A place they visited so often they had a 'usual'. Which happened to be the only two things on the whole menu that Isaac could pronounce.

All through the lunch the two talked. They talked about how classes were going, how they thought Chris was doing, even about how the pack was. Though they had left they thought of the pack often. They were family to them and leaving had taken it's toll on them. Isaac had trouble controlling his shift for months, something that had caused them to move apartments three separate times from noise complaints.

Y/N's toll had been less obvious, she held her emotions in and would find herself bursting into tears at seemingly random moments. She was grieving the loss of not one friend but nine all at once. Including the deaths of Erica and Boyd that had happened in quick succession.

They praying that the pack was doing well. That everything had calmed down and that they didn't have to deal with life or death situations as they once had. Though the two knew in their hearts that they were praying to a deaf God. With the nemeton at full power, Beacon Hills would never be safe again.

Later that evening the two sat curled up together on the couch watching Netflix, their two cats sitting on the back of the couch curled up with them. It was chilly and raining out, a far cry from the sunny day it had been. They could hear the droplets pounding against the windows. The volume on the television was low and they were in their own little sereine world. Until the phone rang.

The sound startled the two of them out of their bliss. Y/N reached for the phone, out of area flashing on the screen. Though she was confused she decided to pick up the call anyway, parts of her knew it was important.

"Hello?" She asked, her voice small.

"We need you again."

Then with a click, the line went dead