Missed Birthdays

Birthdays. A day to celebrate being a year older, all the thing you had done in the year and everything you will do in the year to come. Birthdays were meant to be happy occasions filled with family and friends, people who love and care about you, Isaac being the most important. Y/N and Isaac had been dating for just under a year, getting together shortly after her sixteenth birthday, and she had been excited to spend the day with him. He hadn't mentioned anything about her birthday in the days and weeks leading up to it but she sure did drop a lot of hints. She understood that the supernatural being that was her boyfriend had a lot of priorities, most of them involving saving the town from some evil creature, but she was positive nothing could make him forget her birthday. It was all she had talked about for days. And yet here she was, sitting in her bedroom, boyfriend-less on her birthday.

It had started off as a great day, waking up to pancakes made by her mom and her friends flowing in and out of the house throughout the day to wish her a happy birthday, she hadn't wanted a party but the one on ones throughout the day had been great but as the day dwindled on, and more friends and family came in and out to see her the more discouraged she became. Isaac was no where to be found.

Stiles and Lydia had stopped by early in the morning, followed by Malia and Kira, Liam and Mason and brought Brett along. Even Derek and Isaac's roommate Scott had shown up and yet Isaac was no where in sight. Around four o'clock Y/N began to worry that something had happened to him. By six she had progressed to him surprising her. Around nine she went back on her worry train but after calling Scott at eleven to found out Isaac was sitting next to him on his couch eating pizza Y/N came to the conclusion that he had forgotten her birthday. So, disappointed, she showered and crawled into her bed with The Notebook (book) trying not to think of her 'boyfriend'. She was just getting to Noah talking about his letters when she heard her window open. She didn't have to look across the room to see who it was, she knew it was Isaac and she was far too upset to acknowledge his presence in that moment. So instead she continued to read her book, while looking at Isaac out of the corner of her eye. When he realized she wasn't going to look at him, he spoke up.

"I forgot."

"Forgot what?"

"Your birthday." Finally setting her book down Y/N looked over at Isaac a look of disappointment on her face.

"It's 12:01, It's not my birthday anymore."

"I know and I'm sorry I just-"

"You just what? You were too busy to stop in and see your girlfriend on her birthday? Because everyone else had a chance to stop by. Even Scott, your roommate and alpha. I'm sure if he had time to stop by and wish me a happy birthday you did too. I'm not even mad, I'm just disappointed that I wasted all day waiting around for you thinking maybe you would surprise me and show up. But you didn't. You didn't show up until it was too late. Who told you in the end?" Isaac hung his head low at the question.

"Scott, he said you had called and were worried. He asked if I went to see you today, what I got you for your birthday. I ran all the way here after he said that. Though I did stop by the drug store and try to find something to give you," Isaac held up a plastic bag to her. Y/N took it, opening it up to find a stack of different magazines and a candy bar. "It was all I could grab before they closed." Y/N shook her head though she smiled at his gesture before setting the bag on the floor and moving over in bed to make room for Isaac.

"Come get in bed before I change my mind." Isaac kicked off her shoes and snuggled into bed beside her and holding her body close.

"Happy birthday, I love you."

"I love you too, just don't forget our anniversary."

"Oh now that I won't forget."