Scott's Stepsister (Part 2)

School Days

First days had always been her weakness. She loved school but first days always gave her the jitters. It was the start of a new school year but also a new school and while she would know two people when she walked through the door she also knew that it's wasn't assured that they would be by her side at any point during the day. Y/N's mom always had a remedy for the first day jitters, an early morning shower, a good playlist, and a cute outfit.

Y/N was awake at 5:30, rocking out in her bathroom to Pat Benatar as she showered and got ready for school. Isaac and Scott were both downstairs with her dad, head in their hands as they ate what they could only assume was meant to be breakfast but with the sun not even up it felt more like a midnight snack.

"Does she do this every morning?" Isaac groaned.

"No, just the first day. She always get a little nervous and this was her mom's solution." Matthew, her father, assured them.

"Waking up the house?" Scott offered.

Matthew chuckled, filling up the coffee cups in front of the teenagers. "No, getting an early and happy start. It hasn't failed her yet. Trust me, tomorrow you will be dragging her out the door just in time for first period."

Melissa yawned as she stretched, moving around the kitchen. She seemed to hardly be phased by the noise upstairs.

"How are you not phased by this?" Isaac asked pointing toward the ceiling.

"I lived in an all girls dorm in college. Sometimes my floor would prop the bathroom door open and blare the radio while we got ready in the mornings. Plus I like Pat Benatar." Melissa kissed Matthew good morning, taking the cup of coffee he was offering.

The four sat around the kitchen island talking, the boys waking up more by the minute. By six Y/N was joining them, humming a tune as she moved around the kitchen, kissing her father on the cheek before sitting down next to Isaac with a plate of breakfast and a cup of tea.

"You don't drink coffee? How are you going to stay awake?" Isaac asked.

"Tea has caffeine in it too. It just taste better and is healthier than coffee." Y/N responded taking a swig of her drink.

"Only if you leave out the milk and the pound of sugar you put in it sweetheart." Her father kissed her head as he stood up and placed his dishes in the dishwasher and made his way to the front room.

"Without the milk and sugar it is just leaf water. Let me live."

"Of course darling. Now I'm off to work, have a good day yeah?" He leaned over to hug her tightly, kissing the top of her head again before moving to kiss Melissa goodbye.

"I'll do my best."

"And you boys will look out for her right?"

"Of course Matt, we won't feed her to the wolves." Isaac smiled before stuffing another forkful into his mouth. Matthew smiled at the boys and left the house.

"So Y/N, do you know your way to the school?" Melissa asked.

"Not really but I'm sure I can figure it out."

"I could ride with you." Isaac offered.

"Oh it's okay you don't have to."

"No it's cool, we don't have a morning practice today. Besides it means I don't have to ride on the back of Scott's bike and he can pick Kira up instead." Isaac laughed pushing Scott's arm slightly, a smile coming to his face.