Ghost (Part 4)

Monday

After Scott walked out of the bar Sunday night Isaac spent a few hours just sitting at the bar, thinking about everything Scott had said as well as the things Y/N had said to him during their fight. He thought the bar closed for the night then spent the remaining hours of dark driving. He drove until the sun came up, in no particular direction he just drove. Finally he found himself outside of a wildlife reserve several towns over. He thought of Beacon Hill, of the things he once found on the reserve there and the time he had spent with people that mattered the most to him. As the sun rose he got out of the car and made his way onto the reserve, it had been so long since he had been someone where like this and, oddly enough, he enjoyed the memories it brought back. He thought about how much he missed his home, his friends, his pack, the home where he grew up, the people who he loved. He thought about how long it had been since he allowed himself to lose control of the wolf inside of him, that's when he decided to spend the day letting everything free. He let himself cry over his losses and feel all the things he missed all the things he needed to feel and he let the wolf inside of him run free.

~ ~ ~

Y/N sat in her car outside the lake house her parents were staying in debating if she could make a last second run for it; her parents hadn't seen her car through the window yet, she hadn't given them a time to expect her, there was still time to run. Or at least there had been, until a young man she didn't recognize saw her and waved her brother to the window. Now there was no time to run, there was no where to hide, the only thing she could do was put on a smile and act as if she wasn't dying to be anywhere but here. She took a breath and open the door to her Beetle before stepping out into the driveway and making her way to the front door. The lake house had been a family traditions for as long as Y/N could remember but this wasn't the place they had gone to as kids, in fact this was the first time they had stayed in the area. She took her time walk to the front door, thinking about the lake house and this visit with her parents. She thought about how different this visit would be, not just where they were but who was there, who wasn't there, who hadn't been there for the last six family vacations to the lake house. Maybe that's why they had chosen to stay at a different lake house this year, maybe it had been too much to visit the old one just one more time. By the time she reached the front door both of her parents were standing in the doorway waiting for her to reach them, both wearing ear to ear smiles at the sight of their daughter. Y/N walked up and hugged each of them tightly as they greeted her.

"It's so good to see you again, I'm glad you came." Her mother held her tighter than usual and kissed her cheek, from the look in her eyes Y/N could tell she had been crying recently and was possibly about to start another round of tears.

"I'm glad to see you too baby girl, I've missed you." Her father took her in his arms and held her close to his chest, kissing the top of her head and rubbing her back soothingly.

"I've missed you too Daddy. Now lets get inside before you let anymore bugs in." Y/N followed her parents into the house, shutting the door behind her and walking into the dinning room where her brother and his boyfriend were setting the table. When he saw her Matthew set the plates down and quickly made his way around the table to his sister, warping his arms tightly around her and holding her in a close embrace.

"I've missed you so much, It feels like it's been forever!" The two of them had been close their whole lives, but after leaving for college the two of them saw less of each other than they liked.

"I know, but now that you've finally graduated college, congrats on that by the way, we can make more time to see each other. But right now what I really want is to meet your boyfriend, where is this Mason boy mom was telling me about?" Matthew rolled his eyes but took Y/N's hand and pulled her towards the young man that had first seen her through the window.