Stood Up To Them, Regretted It

She sat in bed reading, having gotten home from the lacrosse game an hour or so ago and even after showering and getting into her pajamas she was still reeling. It had been a huge win for the team a everyone was so hyped up but she had work in the morning so she opted out of any after game events that were going on. Once she finished the chapter of her book she settled herself under her covers; as she was about to turn off her lamp there was a knock at her window. She stood up quickly, curious to find out who it was because everyone that climbed through her window on a regular basis was meant to be at the after party. Y/N opened her currents to find Isaac balancing carefully on the edge between her window and the slanted roof and he looked bad. She quickly opened her window to let him in to her room. He looked to be in a lot of pain and even more strangely he had more than a few dark purple bruises on his skin.

"Oh gosh Isaac, what happened? Why aren't you healing?" Isaac just shook his head and sat in her desk chair.

"It's a long story but I'm in a little pain, could you get me some ice?" Y/N ran downstairs and grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and the first aid kit from the bathroom. She walked back into the room and keeled on the floor in from of Isaac.

"So Mr. Werewolf, what's happened? You have plenty of time to tell me while I tend to these strangely unhealed wounds of yours." She held the ice pack out to him and he placed it to his left cheek.

"I would like to start with it's all your fault," Y/N smiled up at him before turning her attention to his hands. "I was in the locker room after the game and pretty much everyone had already left for the party but I was kind of lagging behind. My mind was on other things."

Isaac had stayed in the shower a little longer than everyone else, his mind wandering to the elated smile on Y/N's face after they won the game, the feeling of her arms wrapped tightly around him as he lifted her off the ground. His mind was filled with thoughts of her and it wasn't long before the locker room was all but empty with only four heartbeats remaining, including his own. He walked towards his locker to get dressed when his ears picked up her name.

"Y/N is fucking hot. Did you see her skirt ride up when she hugged Lahey? I would have loved to just flip it up and take her right there on the field." Isaac determined the owner of the voice was some guy coach called Lukowski. He and his friends Martin and Glitz were known for sleeping with anyone who would let them and talking crudely about the ones that didn't. Martin spoke up next speaking more crudely about her, and Glitz even more so if that was possible. Isaac could feel his heart rate rising and he pulled his shirt over his head and slammed his locker shut. He stomped towards the door but was stopped by his three teammates.

"Oh Lahey we didn't know you were still here. Congrats on that winning shot, and on the little piece of arm candy you hand hanging on you after. You should let me barrow her sometime; though I can't promise she'll come back in the same condition I took her in." Lukowski laughed and nudged his two friend. Isaac had been intent on just leaving the locker room and punching a wall on the way out but now he was dragged into this and he couldn't stand it anymore. He tried to keep his cool as he spoke to them.

"She isn't mine. We are just friends and you shouldn't be saying such crude things about her." The three boys laughed at Isaac's response.

"Oh Lahey don't pretend like you don't find her attractive."

"I didn't say that, she is incredibly attractive. But she is also incredibly intelligent and she has more kindness I her little finger than the three of you have in your entire bodies. She is amazing and you need to stop talking about her like she is nothing but a conquest." Isaac could feel the wolf inside him begging to be released, it wanted to tear this mere human apart limb by limb but he continued to fight it back down.

"And if we don't?"

"Then I'll have to beat my point into you." Isaac dropped his gym bag and walked closer to the group.

"Ohhh Lahey is going to do to us what his daddy did to him. The real reason you're upset Isaac is because you know that you will never be with her and you hate to be reminded of what you're missing out on." That flipped a switch inside of Isaac. He could no longer control himself as he lunged at the three boys in front of them, punching and kicking and throwing until all three of them had run off. Martin had gotten a few good punches in though and he had hurt his knuckles punching Glitz in his mouth full of braces though the disturbing part was that nothing was healing. His heart rate was still inclined his eyes were yellow but he wasn't healing quickly. In fact he didn't think he was healing at all. He grabbed his things and ran to Y/N's house as quick as he could.

"And you know the rest from there." Y/N smiled up at Isaac as she watched the bruises on his face disappear.

"So, what you're saying is, you stood up to a group of guys just to protect my honor."

"Pretty much. I stood up to them, then regretted it. I don't like hurting people and what they said about my dad made it all that much worse of a feeling." Y/N stood up and hugged Isaac while he sat in the chair.

"Is that why your wounds wouldn't heal?"

"I think so. A combination of that and I was really bothered by what they said about you. You don't deserve to be talked to or about in such a way. You're my best friend and I mean the world to me and I just worry that some day someone will say those things to you and you'll start to believe them and that would devastate me." Y/N looked down at Isaac before laying her cheek on top of his head.

"Oh Isaac, you are amazing and you have more kindness in your little finger than most people have in their entire bodies and I would be lost without you." Y/N kissed the top of his head before walking over to her dresser and pulling out one of Isaac's shirts and pj pants from 'his' drawer and handing them over to him. "Go change and then come to bed. I'm tired."