9. Reckless

"You're insane, they're literally on the other side of the door," Bucky tells me, his voice rough and his breathing ragged as I push him up against the door I just slammed behind us.

We were watching a movie and drinking wine with Nat, Wanda, Clint, Vision, Sam, and Tony in our living room.... and I don't quite remember when I started getting handsy, or when I started whispering little fantasies in Bucky's ear, or when he got up and pulled me by the hand to our bedroom, but here we are.

We're burning the scandal candle at both ends.

"Sweetheart, I don't care about them," I purr as I press hungry kisses to his jaw, "I only care about finishing what I started earlier."

He smiles as he presses his hand to the back of my neck and pulls my lips to his, fingers tangled in my hair.

"Finish it then," he murmurs against my lips.

Damn right I will.

I press further, his lips hot against mine as I slip my tongue into his mouth. He pulls my hips to his, his free hand holding tight to my belt, and I'm far from surprised when he moves that hand to my chest and wrenches my tie from my neck with just a flick of his wrist. When he moves on to the buttons of my shirt, he wastes absolutely no time in undoing them.

His heart pounds like a drum in his chest and a laugh dances in the back of his throat as I grab his belt buckle and effortlessly undo it, pulling it off in with reckless abandon.

Then I notice the burning in my lungs.

Fuck.

I'm losing oxygen.

Too hasty for my heart to handle.

I pull back for a moment so we can both catch our breath, and he immediately notices the pain I'm in.

I rest my forehead against his as he says, "Easy, Stevie, baby...breathe for me. In and out, simple as that."

I take a deep breath in and let the oxygen revitalize my senses before I start complaining.

Then I tell him, "I want you so desperately, Buck."

He smiles and gently rubs my back, saying, "Get your breathing back in line first, darling."

I nod and take another deep breath as he straightens me up and takes a moment to properly unbutton the rest of my shirt. Then, he takes my hands and tows me to our bed, making sure that I'm still breathing as we go.

Once I get settled down and my lungs aren't burning any longer, he kicks off his shoes and strips off his shirt, throwing it to the floor by our bedroom door.

Then he takes my hands, and he puts them on his hips, saying softly, "I want you to take your time with this. Last night was intense, and I loved it, but I'd also love to just be here together with you."

He puts his hands on my shoulders as I say, "What do you need from me tonight then?"

Bucky smiles and presses a kiss to my nose, saying, "Nothing crazy like last night...just us in our little love nest."

Oh, honey. I understand.

I reach over and turn the lights off, taking a moment to look at Bucky's face in the moonlight.

"No lights, no kitchen counters, no shower, no ties, no blindfolds, nothing crazy," I tell him. "Just us and our bedsheets, just like you said a few minutes ago."

He smiles, "Exactly."

I walk us backwards, slipping one of my hands behind his head before I lie him down, kissing him gently. He wraps his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck as he kisses me back, gently pressing my lips open with his tongue as a soft moan escapes me. His hands search me, fingertips trailing across my shoulders and down my spine as a chill runs through me and sets my core on fire.

Oh, forget it, who am I kidding?

Bucky is the fire in my soul.

I can't help but smile as I gently pull back and press a kiss to his forehead.

"What do you need from me, Buck?" I ask him softly.

Tell me, and I'll do my best.

You deserve the world and I want to give it to you.

A flash of light flickers through his eyes, and then he whispers, "Let's make love."

Darling, of course.

I lean in to kiss Bucky gently, saying, "That sounds perfect, Buck."

He smiles again, and I can't help but smile back.

"You're incredible," he whispers, the moonlight sparkling in his eyes as he runs his fingers through my hair and hugs me tight.

I can feel his heart pounding in his chest, and the tension in his muscles.

I press a kiss to his forehead.

He relaxes and buries his face in my neck, pressing his lips to my collarbone as he laces his fingers through mine. I can't help but let him take me over, sweetly kissing and gently biting his was down my chest to my hips.

It's surreal.