66. Missed You (Bucky)

As I walk across our floor, a skip in my step as I move down the hallway, I call for Steve, a bit of song in my voice.

     "Stevie!" I muse, closing in on the open bedroom door.

     He calls back after a moment, saying, "In our bedroom, Buck!"

     I hum inquisitively.

     Is he ahead of me?

     I smile warmly as I stop in the doorway, crossing my arms over my chest, watching him with as innocent of a look as I can manage.

     "What's that look about?" He asks, smirking.

     He's curled up in bed, thumbing through his beat-up copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

     "The kids are in bed on their floor, and Ana's watching movies with Wanda, Adam, Vision, Bruce, Clint, Thor, and Pietro," I tell him, carefully closing the door and locking it behind me.

     He puts the book on the shelf just under the drawer of the nightstand on his side of our bed.

     "So what you're saying is that the night is young and we shouldn't waste it," he says.

     I slink over and snuggle up in bed with him, burying my face in his neck, pressing kisses to his collarbone.

     A purr vibrates through him, and I can't help the flirty smirk on my face as I say, "Time alone with you is never wasted, baby."

     He takes my face in his hands, the striking difference between flesh and vibranium sending a chill down my spine. He hums inquisitively, carefully working his fingers up through the back of my hair, gently pulling me closer so that he can kiss me.

     "I've missed you," he murmurs, his lips ghosting across mine, all of my control vanishing in an instant. "I missed your laugh...your smile...your voice...your hands in mine...your body beside mine...the little look in your eye when you're teasing me. Those few days without you felt like a lifetime apart."

     I seal his lips with mine, and then I unwind his fingers from my hair and lace our hands together, moving over top of him as he kisses me back. A chuckle dances in the back of his throat as I straddle him, and he manages to pry our lips apart for just a tiny moment.

     Breathlessly, he says, "You aren't going to let me have my way with you this time, are you?"

     I smile sweetly, heat flaring across my face as I say, "Not a chance, baby."

     He smiles, blue eyes sparkling.

     I know that look in his eyes, it takes me back to the first time we kissed, which was immediately followed by the first time we made love.

     He's more confident now, he's a bit of an exhibitionist and one hell of a tease, but, there are some things he won't come out and say upfront. "I want you inside of me" is one of those things.

     He gets nervous, flustered, all hot and bothered, and the words never come out quite right.

     He'll unashamedly say the dirtiest things or "let's make love" when we're around others, and he'll make good on it too, but that one little phrase just eats away at him.

     Maybe it's because he's that rotten, who knows, honestly, but regardless, I know exactly what he's thinking, what his body wants, and ensuring that he's well taken care of is one of my husbandly duties - so that means I have to say it for him.