11. Winter

It's Friday, several months later, and the whole team has assembled for a night out on the town. We're dressed to kill in suits and ties...or at least the suits.

     Ties are a bit dangerous when it comes to Bucky and me.

One second we'll be schmoozing with the team, the next second one of us will be dragging the other away from any potential witnesses by the tie around their neck.

     The last time it happened, we got caught by a reporter from the New York Times. It's safe to say that we had to rethink a couple things after that.

    Bucky checks me out from head to toe and up again as I walk back to him with our drinks. Nat smiles and shakes her head, saying something to him that I can't quite hear. He smiles and nods, saying that he definitely agrees.

It's probably safe to say I'm totally fucked.

I hand him his drink and press a kiss to his cheek as he slips his other arm around me.

I lean in close to his ear, saying, "I can't wait to get you home."

     Natasha shakes her head, smiling.

     Bucky smiles and gives me a quick kiss on the lips before saying, "You're a punk."

     I kiss his forehead, "Jerk."

     "Who wants to dance?" Tony shouts over us as he jumps onto his chair, arms raised over his head like a maniac.

God save the Queen because Natasha is going to strangle him.

     Bruce slams back a shot and then he grins, "Let's fuck shit up!"

Oh my God.

     Thor raises an eyebrow, and then he shakes his head and says, "I would like to dance, yes."

This should be interesting.

    Tony cheers and jumps back down, running off to the dance floor with Thor, Bruce, Sam, Wanda and Vision at his heels. Clint holds his hand out to Natasha, who takes one last sip of her wine before taking his hand and walking off to the dance floor.

This leaves Bucky and I alone for the moment.

Thank God.

     Bucky rests his head on my shoulder and leans into me, saying, "I wonder if Tony will break a hip."

     I laugh and shake my head, "Bucky."

     "All right, all right," he says, smiling.

     I sip on the rum and Coke in my hand, saying, "I hope you realize that I still can't dance to save my life."

     He presses a kiss to my cheek, "I don't care. You'll still look like a million bucks."

     I roll my eyes, "I doubt that, babe."

     He sets his glass down and takes my hand, saying as he pulls me toward the dance floor, "Let's find out then!"

     I set my drink down and follow him, saying, "You're going to regret this, Bucky, baby!"

     Nat grins as Bucky dances us through the edge of the floor and pulls me to the center, where our group is currently raging.

She flashes me a smile as I get pulled into the mix, shouting over the music, "Hey, Cap!"

I awkwardly step around her as Bucky tugs me even further into the crowd, "Hey, Natasha!"