61. I Miss Them (Ana)

We walk through the compound's air hanger toward the Guardians' ship. Rocket is waiting for us just inside on the boarding platform.

     Such a peculiar thing, seeing and meeting a talking raccoon. I'm still in shock, and I met him last night when Uncle Clint brought him and Nebula to us.

     I wonder if Adam is doing okay.

     Last I heard from him was this morning, and he said that he was tracking down a lead on the actual physical location of the Soul World. I just told him to be safe, watch his back, and come home in one piece.

     His response?

     "Home is with you, Ana."

     My heart nearly exploded.

     He just better not be anywhere near Thanos until I tell him to teleport.

     Dammit.

     I'm distracted again.

     Ugh, the life the eldest daughter of four Avengers and the girlfriend of a cosmic being.

     It's a bit of a disaster sometimes.

     I anxiously trail behind the six founding Avengers, Uncle Rhodey, Uncle Scott, and Nebula - my thoughts still chaotic.

    They've all been in this fight before.

    And, well, so have I, but this is incredibly different from before.

    This isn't the result of a few deaths or a seemingly random invasion.

     Our universe as we know it is at stake.

     I do my best to breathe normally as I walk, relying on the otherwise violently unhinged energy coming off of the team to pull me forward.

    "Lookin' pretty, ladies and gents," Rocket smiles.

     "I was thinking we look more like we're ready for a Halo cosplay convention," Uncle Clint quips.

     Uncle Scott smiles, saying, "They still have those?"

     "Give it another ten years and they probably won't," Uncle Tony says. "Great story, ridiculous gameplay. And, for the record, you're lucky these suits were finished well in advance. You're welcome."

     "Weapons onboard?" Nebula asks, her metallic blue skin shining in the light of the sunset.

      "Everyone's weapons are either onboard or a part of them," Uncle Bruce tells her.

     She nods, "Got it. Let's get ready for takeoff."

     We file onto the ship and we each go to our designated seat. I'm sitting at the front with Mom, Dad, Uncle Tony, Nebula, Rocket, and Carol.