37. Wakandan Sky (Steve)

We landed in Wakanda early this morning and were able to evacuate the country before Thanos reentered the galaxy. Now, we're watching his ships enter the atmosphere from the inside of the barrier.

"I fucking love Wakandan tech," Tony smiles as he looks up at the glowing barrier high over us.

"I've missed this place," Bucky says, looking at me with a small smile.

A gentle breeze tousles his hair. I almost melt right there.

"Aliens and psychotic Titan included?" Nat asks him.

"This? Not bad for the end of the world. It could probably be worse," he quips back at her, smiling as his eyes catch mine. "I could be chasing Steve's crazy Nazi-punching ass across Germany."

"Is that how you learned how to steal a car, Steve?" She asks me.

Only she would remember the time I stole a car so we could go to New Jersey to figure out what was on a flash drive.

I smirk, "It's called borrowing."

She grins, saying, "Are you sure that you two actually slept on the flight over here?"

Our group starts walking toward the clearing on the other side of the palace.

Bucky grins and looks at me as he takes my hand and says, "That's what we want 'em to think, right, Stevie?"

I shake my head with a smile, saying, "You're going to give me a heart attack one of these days, babe."

"If not a heart attack, then probably a damn good stroke," he teases.

I smirk, "Who knows, maybe you will."

Nat laughs, "You two are hopeless!"

"Innocent ears, here!" Ana says.

Our eyes go wide.

Fucking hell.

Our daughter is standing right here.

Sam grins, "Nice."

Tony nods, smirking as he says, "I can't believe you two idiots still act like teenagers after all these years."

"And they're parents too," Wanda says.

"I'm happy I don't have a kid," Tony says.

"Dad, what the fuck?" Peter asks him.

"Shit, sorry, Peter," Tony laughs. "You can't really blame me though. You're not a kid anymore."

"Mom, tell Dad to knock his shit off," Peter says to Nat. "You two adopted me. That means I'm your kid."