69. A Surprise For You (Steve)

"Natasha, darling," Bucky muses, "It seems that your husband is waiting on me to hand you back over to him."

     Nat flashes a smile and hugs Bucky tight. I tuck one of her curls behind her ear, smiling at the magic of the day.

     Tony and Natasha finally tied the knot after more than twenty years, surrounded by more family and friends than either of them could have expected years ago.

     Bucky and I walked Nat down the aisle.

     Peter gave his mom away.

     Ana sang an old Russian love song at the ceremony, and she was joined by Wanda, Lorna, Merida, and Carol.

      It was phenomenal, and Tony really took Natasha's breath away with the whole thing. She had been expecting a proposal, not necessarily a full-blown royal wedding.

     And, as if anything else could possibly take her breath away, Tony surprised her again with the wedding dress of her dreams, and she doesn't look like a princess, she looks like a queen.

      He made it to her exact measurements and then he added a few extra, final touches — hand-beaded Black Widow-inspired hourglasses and spiders along the waist, and his signature embroidered on the inside over her heart.

Nat smiles and takes my hand as she says, "He knows my boys are important, he can wait a moment."

I squeeze her fingers and press a kiss to her temple while Tony walks over, looking like he just stepped off the cover of a magazine in his flashy new tux.

"Causing trouble, sweetheart?" Tony asks Nat.

She smiles even brighter.

"I wanted to spend some time with my boys," she tells him, tucking Bucky and I under her arms. "They're having a difficult time letting me go."

Tony smirks, "If anyone is having a hard time letting you go, it's Peter."

"I heard my name," Peter says as he joins us, Wade's hand on his hip. "What did I do this time?"

Nat stands up from her spot between Bucky and I and slides under Tony's arm, his hand resting on the small of her back as she leans into him. Bucky slides closer to me, takes my hand in his, and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Baby Spider," Nat smiles at Peter, "Come here for a moment."

He smiles and leaves Wade's side to go to hers, and as she takes his hands in hers, he says, "You know, Mom, I haven't had the opportunity to tell you that you're even more beautiful today. And, just for the record, I'm ecstatic that you and Dad finally tied the knot. I didn't think today would ever come. I'm thrilled that our family is more whole than before. I can't wait to see where the future takes you both."

She squeezes his hands and smiles, softly saying to him, "Thank you, Peter."

He takes a shaky breath, and closes his eyes. A second later, he opens his eyes and tears run free. Nat pulls him toward her and hugs him tight, her arms wrapping around him in a such a tender way that only a mother can.

"I love you, Mom," Peter tells her.

"I love you too, Peter," she tells him.

Bucky presses a kiss to my cheek.

Babydoll.

I smile and turn my head, pressing a kiss to his nose before giving him a quick peck on the lips.