Ch 16 When the sun comes down

It's been a week since I talk to my dad and decided to drive over to his house.As I pulled into his driveway I couldn't quiat put my finger on it but something seemed off.I opened the front door and sure enough the house was destroyed and the back padio door was unlocked and opened.I threw down my bag and ran straight toward it because he NEVER leaves the door open.I'm standing there hands covering my mouth and I dropped to my knees crying.I look up at the tree and start to curl my fingers into a fist and started cursing and found myself yelling,to no one."DERRICK if you can hear me then you better listen closly cause if there's anything i'm gonna do is find your grave and your sorry ass and light your ass on fire.You hear me,death is gonna do US part!"I turned back towar the tree my dad was now hanging from and all the blood on the ground and closed the screen door and the curtains.I walked out to the card and called 911 and the police telling them everything (except the demon ghost child part) and drove back to my apartment.I layed on my bed alone,unloved and crying my fuckin eyes dry.Wait if the kid is a ghost then wouldn't my dad be to?Before I realized what I was doing I was calling my dads name and sure enough a few ties and minutes later hes sitting on my bed.

"Dad I should have came an seen you earlier,"I fell to the ground on my knees,"It's all my fault,"I said through tears.

"Nearly it's not your fault.Look at you,for someone who dresses in black all the time why now all the sudden to you care?"I laughed a little at that.Yeah,it's true i'm a cold heartless bitch sometimes.

I looked up at him,"What do I do now?I mean i'm all alone and nothing left to do beside homework and..."

"Get revenge on the child?Sweetie you can't blame and beat yourself over this I should have taken care of him,but I'd rather risk my life to save you over anybody else.Promise you won't."

I looked back down at my now soaking wet lap and just brought my knees up to my chest and just sat there.

"Promise me,nearly,please?"He smiled at me and held out his hand and I took it gingerly trying to not fall through him like I did with derrick.He held me in his arm and I hugged him and whispered in his ear,"I promise."