--chapter 3--

Aaliyah comes back running into my room in a princess' Belle dress up costume. she spins around and giggles. she looks adorable. I can tell that we are going to get along.

" how do I look?" she asks sweetly

"like a princess" I reply and smile. she looks me up and down and scrunches her face up. 

"You are not gonna wear that are you" I shake my head and giggle.

together, we pull my suitcase up on my bed and unzip it. Aaliyah looks at the suitcase. she pulls out a couple dresses and sends me to try them on. I let her choose what I should wear and in the end, she goes for a dark navy sleeveless dress with scalloped detailing. I do like her choice. I pair it with a silver necklace my dad got me on my last birthday last year and my red ballet pumps.

I give Aaliyah a high five and together we head down stairs. I get myself and her drink of squash and we go into the living room to sit on the couches. we begin to watch tv but my phone, that lay beside me begins to vibrate and sing Vance joy. I pick it up and see Freya's name and picture appear on my screen. 

I stand up and make my way back up the stairs to my room. I flop myself on my bed and answer the call.

"Hello stranger," she says

"Freya we talked this morning!" I say with a slight laugh.

"I know but I miss you! it feels weird not seeing you every day. Anyways whats Canada like?"

"umm..cold ish.."

"I mean your family. hows the mum, step-dad and siblings" she questions

" step-dads seems nice I haven't talked to him much. I have been spending most of it with Aaliyah whos my half sister. she's 5."

"whattt!? so she's, not your step-sister? that's crAZZYY! and your stepbrother?"

"Umm, I haven't met him yet. I don't know where he is"

"Have you talked to your mum yet, about you know what?" she says quite precautiously

"no I haven't, im not sure im gonna lay on the pressure just yet. I have only just met her and she seems good so I don't want to spoil it."

"I get it"

***

we end up talking for an hour and Aaliyah comes up to my room all upset because I missed watching the princess and the frog with her.

"Hey look, my phone is about to die so I will text you later El." Freya says

"okay talk to you soon. love ya"

"love ya too" she hangs up.

I  decide that I need to sort my hair and face out, so I brush out my hair and put it half up half down and then I apply a light and fresh layer of makeup. I even give Aaliyah some lip gloss to wear. I hope Karen doesn't mind. 

once I finish, I check the time. it was 10 past 7. I hold Aaliyahs hand and we make our way down the stairs and into the garden. the patio doors are open and I notice several people outside so I guess the 'get together' has started.

there is music playing and the there are kids in the pool and I also see Manny at the barbeque turning over sausages and burgers. he's wearing a chefs hat and apron with 'Mr good lookin is cookin' written on the chest. he looked very funny. 

I help myself to a glass of Pimm's lemonade and I sit down on a bench and watch Aaliyah and a group of other girls also dressed in princess' dresses, play in her wendy house.