/chapter 10/

part 2:

I lift the seat up and go full ham.

Oh god, it's so gross. I have always hated it. I guess it's my fault for bringing it on myself.

My head is in the toilet and the contents of my stomach is coming up. Eughhh....

I feel a hand on my back rub my back. Whoever it is, pulls my hair back.

"Its okay," says a voice. it's Shawn.

once I have finished I sit up and lean my back against the wall. I wipe my mouth and take a sip of water out of the glass Shawn gives me. im so embarrassed. I could feel the heat from my cheeks and I look down at my feet as I don't want to even look at Shawn right now. he sits next to me and rubs my shoulder

"feeling better?" he says calmly. I nod at him.

"do you want me to take you home?" I shake my head

"no. I want to stay"

he offers me a hand and he pulls me up when I think I can stand again. I look at him and hes smiling at me. we walk out the bathroom and go back outside.

I still feel like crap but I don't want to leave. the party has only just begun and I want to live in the moment and enjoy it with my new friends.

we get back to the pool and I see Lana and Madeleine sitting on top of a unicorn floatie. I run up to the side and jump in. I sit at the bottom and then after a couple of seconds I push up to reach the top. I pull my hair out of my eyes and swim over to join Maddy and Lana on the floaties.

***

we spend ages in the pool messing around and dancing. we stay in until we all get cold and everyone's toes and fingers are all shrivelled up. we sit in a swing chair and huddle up close to keep each other warm. I go on my phone and take lots of photos of us all having a laugh. some of them I want to post on Instagram. 

"s'cuse me, madds!" a male voice says. I look up and see a platinum blonde dude pulling madeleine into a hug. he is squeezing his arms around her waist and Maddy squeals.

"Owen! baby! I thought you couldn't make it tonight!"

she throws herself into his arms and gives him a watery kiss.

so that's the guy she was talking about the other day. owen, the boyfriend. she is gawking at him like a puppy. they link hands and walk off

" I will catch you guys later! have fun!"

I turn to Lana who is sitting on my right

"that's owen. the boyfriend?"

"I wouldn't really call him that... For her, she sure thinks that of him. but owen uses her as a party fling and a way to get easy sex. to be honest I feel bad for her but she doesn't listen to me when I try to talk to her about it."

I nod. im getting bored so I pull Lana's arm and we go back to dance some more.

***

I and Lana are pooped. my phone is dead and I want to go home. Lana has fallen asleep on my lap and I shake her to wake her up. I have a splitting headache and my stomach is sore and all I want to do is crash. Unfortunately, it being 4.00 am in the morning and being drunk I cant call my mum for a ride, so I go grab my shoes from under the table and head inside the wrecked house to try to find Shawn, who ditched us earlier when we left to dance.