• chapter 6 •

"Ellie are you still in here?" Lana said.

Oh god. Im in trouble.

I frantically walk around the corner and see Lana looking quite confused. I shake my hand in front of her face, signalling to her that we needed to get the hell out of here but she just stood there looking at me like I was crazy.

Im hoping that Shawn and whoever he was with were too busy doing their business that they wouldn't have noticed Lana and I scurrying away. And it seems very likely...until I trip and there is a loud bang and crash of cardboard boxes falling over and that does it.

"what was that!? whos there!?" I hear a feminine voice shout. I could feel my blood pumping fast

the changing room door swings open and out comes a very tall girl like 6ft tall. she has platinum blonde hair which is obviously dyed and piercing blue eyes. she is staring at me and Lana like we are some sort of freaks.

"Caitlin!? what the hell are you doing here," Lana says rather rudely. I stare at her slightly taken aback. why was she speaking to her like that?

"I could ask you the same question. have you ever heard of privacy?" the tall girl replies. she gives Lana the look up and down, running her fingers through her hair.

"let me guess Shawn is in here too," Lana says snarkily crossing her arms. she is getting angry. but why?

I hear a small voice from inside the cubicle. Shawn steps out precautiously from behind Caitlin and stands next to her.his cheeks are bright red and his curly hair is messy. his shirt is half buttoned up and he looks really embarrassed especially when he sees me.

"yeah. im here... hi, guys" he says rubbing the back of his neck. his eyes are looking into mine and I can tell that he is just apologising.

"what the hell are you doing here anyway. are you following us, Lana? because that is really freaky and stalkerish."

"I am not! I am here to try on clothes. I can't believe that you are doing it in the middle of a shopping centre! who are you?"

"Ummm, you and everyone in the city knows I am Caitlin" she looks over at me. she can tell I am staring at her. "who are you and will you quit staring at me you lesbo. you are freaking me out"

I open my mouth. what did she just call me?

" how dare you call Ellie that you bitch. how self-centred are you" Lana screams. This was getting intense.

"I can say whatever I want when I want, honey. you are not the boss of me. Now get the eff out of here and let me and Shawn have some space. unless you want to take him away from me again of course." what was she talking about.

"baby. calm down okay. don't get worked up about this, there is no point. let's just go" Shawn says shyly over behind Caitlin. he puts his hand on her shoulder and gives it a squeeze.

Caitlin takes shawn's hand off her shoulder and laces her fingers with his. she pulls him at a full force out of the room and through the door. she shoves me in the shoulder. woah.

"Shawn" I quickly say before he was out of sight.

he looks at me and gives me a smile.

"umm, Karen needs you to go home. a guy called Andrew needs to talk to you"

he nods and leaves. The door slamming behind him. I look over to Lana whos face was blotchy and red. she looked very very pissed off. what on earth just has happened.

"they are together if you haven't already guessed. been for like 2 years. they have been best friends since birth."

I nod taking in the information. Im just completely shocked. why on earth would freaking Shawn Mendes wanna date that bitch?