)Chapter 5(

My phone is going off.

Eughh...

I turn over on the bed and pick up my phone by the charger lead. I don't remember setting an alarm. My eyes adjust to the brightness of the screen and I turn off the sound of Vance joy singing.

I put my phone back on my bedside table and I close my eyes.

"I was scared of dentists and the dark
I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations
Oh, all my friends are turning green
You're the magician's assistant in their dreams"

eugh. I was awake now. I sit up and stretch out my arms. I look over and pick up my phone. 3 missed calls from Madeleine

Oh...oops. I ring her back and she picks up almost immediately.

"Good morning sunshine. I have been trying to get hold of you for half an hour..are you ready?"

She sounds so energetic. I look at my phone. It reads 7.30. I yawn

"Where are we going?"

"Err shopping...now"

Shoot. I forgot. I stand and I see myself in the mirror I didn't look cute at all.

"Let me guess. You forgot and you are still in bed"

I nod but I know she can't see me so I guess by the silence on the end of the phone she knew that I was still wearing my pyjamas.

"Why do we need to leave so early anyway?"

"Because when going to the mall on a Saturday morning it's gonna be packed and we are not gonna get a parking spot so move your ass quickly and get ready. You have half an hour"

She hangs up and promptly I run into the shower. I throw on a bralette, shorts and an oversized jacket. I put my hair in a ponytail and put on a quick layer of mascara. I grab my bag and jog down the stairs.

I grab a banana from the fruit bowl and eat it fast whilst gulping down a glass of water. Karen walks in, in a dressing gown holding a cup of coffee. She sits down at the breakfast table looks at me and smiles.

"Im going shopping with Madeleine," I say with my mouth half full.

"Okay that's fine, have fun! but remember the rules okay and don't come back too late." she grabs her bag from the side of the counter. she opens up her purse and hands me a $50 bill. wow

"woah! really? are you sure? that's a lot of money!?" I say slightly shocked

"go buy yourself a pretty dress," she says. I hug her and head out the room towards the front door.

"Oh,  and if you see Shawn, tell him he has to come home because Andrew needs to see him. "

I nod and shut the door behind me. who the hell was Andrew?

"you are 2 minutes late" there is Madeleine in a convertible car. she honks her horn and beckons me over with her hand.

The sun is bright so I get my sunglasses out from my bag and put them on. I hop into the car on the passenger's side and put on my seatbelt.

"let's go!" she squeals. I smile at her and clap my hands in excitement. there is no better way to get to know someone whilst going shopping with them. she lets go of the brake and the car takes off, rather fast.

my hair is blowing everywhere and I can't see anything but there is a lovely cool breeze and it feels so good as it hits my neck and face. it is waking me up and my energy is kicking in.