\| Chapter 20 | \

The strength of his muscles pushes me against the cold panes of the car window. He quietly moans whilst his hands are cupping my face, his thumbs skimming my hot pink cheeks and his fingers winding into my wavy hair. His lips are fast and quite forceful yet amazing.

I sink into him, my entire body melting underneath his touch. I can feel his pain and his anger and the intensity of the kiss.I want to pull away because there are so many reasons why we shouldn't be doing this but I can't find myself doing it but he is so mesmerising and addictive.

He drops his hand down my back stroking, I feel every hair stand up and I can feel the goosebumps under my shirt. For a second I think he I gonna take my top off but just like that he stops.Just like that, our moment finishes. I am already missing it. He tears his lips away from mine, releases the grip of me and moving away. The second ends as quickly as it began.

"Oh God," he says. His eyes are wide and his face is all pale. He breathes so softly and quietly that it sums up exactly what just happened. Because im thinking exactly the same thing...

***

I stumble into my room and take a glance at my reflection in the mirror. My mascara is smudged around and I have panda eyes and my lipstick is non-existent. I get a fresh makeup wipe and remove the cake from my face and I brush my teeth and collapse in bed. I put my phone on charge and let my pillow and duvet swallow me up. It takes me a while to get to sleep because my brain is going crazy with all the thoughts running around but then I hear the delicate strums of guitar... again.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of love
I'll pick you up when you're getting down
And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now"

Why is he playing that song??

***

a couple days later:

"Should I go for the coral or baby pink??" Maddy asks

"Coral definitely, it's summer! Who cares about the colour" Lana replies. she is perching on the end of her chair with her hands pressed up against the table while a nail technician huddles over her prepped cuticles and starts applying a layer of sparkly blue polish.

I was first to have my nails to have brought back to life and now it's Lana's turn. I can't stop constantly looking down at my French manicured nails, admiring the glossiness and the cute daisies, and then get back to changing my position and get comfy on my reserved seat in the corner of the salon. I should absolutely do this more often. it's the best thing to spend my skint money on.

this morning we all met up and travelled to Toronto to come to this little nail and beauty place and it is god damn cute. when Lana's claws are done she swaps places with Maddy and we pull up our chairs to catch up over the last couple of days.

"so what time did you guys leave the other day after the concert?" Maddy asks while watching the lady start filing down her cuticles. "I didn't catch you in the morning so you must have left pretty early"

"umm...we actually went home at around 4 AM. Shawn didn't want to stay over so he actually drove us home" I say hoping this would be a short conversation.

"why? did Karen call you? I bet she was worried as per usual. bless her. or were you sick?"

"no, I wasn't sick...um. shawn and Liam got into a fight so we just left" I whisper

"WHAT!" they both shout simultaneously. maddy even draws her hands away from the table so that she can spin around and stare at me. I can feel all both of their eyes on me.