chapter twenty three

chapter t w e n t y t h r e e {TRIGGER WARNING: DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THIS KIND OF WRITING. THANK YOU, AND STAY STRONG xx]

"Yes.", I said to Luke, when he asked me if I wanted fries with the hamburger I was getting. We were currently at McDonald's. Even though I had turned him down, he still said it was alright, and we went out to McDonald's afterwards. I told him that I still loved Harry, and I wasn't sure that I was ready for another relationship. After eating almost everything at McDonald's with the boys, I returned home, with a happy meal for Angela.

"Hey, Del? You alright? I mean, I know its been a very shitty couple of days here in Vegas...", Jadie said, throwing and arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm good, it's just been really awkward lately and I just want this shit to stop.", I said, trying to sound normal, but my voice cracked, and tears were about to spill.

Once we got inside, we saw Harry making out with a girl. Also, to add on to it, it was the same stripper that it was the other day. The air smelled extremely like alcohol, and we could tell he was drunk. That's it, I can't do this. He wants to play fucking dirty, then lets bring it. I walked right up to the both of them, pulling the girl off her by her hair. I than looked her straight in the eyes, and smacked her right across her face.

"Come near this hotel, Harry, me, or any of us, I'm going to beat the shit out of you, you heard me?", I said, pulling her hair a bit harder, "Now, get the fuck out of this house, before I drag you out."

The girl nodded vigorously, running past the boys, and out the door. I looked at Harry, as tears welled up in my eyes. I ran up the stairs, but my energy was completely drained, as I fell, sitting down on the staircase. I started to cry, putting my face in my hands. Harry than ran up to me, grabbing my hand. I jerked back, looking at him, shaking my head as I ran up to the bathroom in Harry and I's room. I quickly locked the door, as I looked at myself in the mirror. I started to cry even more, as I realized how ridiculous I looked.

I opened the cabinet, searching through the many bottles and such that were crammed in there. I finally found the one I was looking for. Sleeping pills.I then started pouring some onto the counter. I took a sharpie from the cabinet, labeling the counter. One for sleep, two for deep sleep, three for very very deep sleep, half a handful for the hospital, and a handful for a morgue. [picture on right for example of how it looked]

"Now, lets see which one I want.", I whispered, tears pouring from my eyes as I scanned my choices.

I could always kill myself right now, no one could save me if I take the morgue. But then again, if I die now, I'll die with no answers. I could always go to the hospital if I choose the hospital category. But honestly, I don't want to get my stomach pumped. Once I made my mind, I reached my hand to pick it up, until I heard a banging on the door. I yelled for them to go away, as I forgot which one I was about to choose, having to rethink all over again.

"Delilah, open the fucking door this instant! What are you even doing? Open the fuck up!", Harry yelled, banging on the door.

Tears streamed down my eyes as I looked at the pills in front of me. I grabbed one of those tiny cups from the cabinet, filling it up with water from the sink. I recited one of my favorite poems in my mind to calm my self down.

Once a young girl

Was found on her bathroom floor

With nothing but an empty bottle of pills

Not even a pulse left.

What an ironic story;

The pills that she was told to take

By the nice doctor in white,

Were all swallowed down at once

And took away her life.

You can do this, Delilah. Just swallow it, and all the problems will be over with. No more tears, no more lies, no more anything. Because with just one flick of the wrist, you'll put the pills in your mouth and swallow it all. But before I could pick up my selection, Harry came bursting into the bathroom, with tears in his eyes. He looked at the scene on the counter as he pushed all of the pills onto the floor.

"No!", I screamed, as the tears started again, "why would you do that? Why would you do that?!"

I collapsed onto the floor, looking at all the pills scattered. I cried, screaming at Harry for doing this to me. He brought me into his arms, trying to calm me down, as I cried, sobbing into his shirt. I looked at the pills on the floor. If only I could've got my courage sooner. I could've been fucking dead. I could've been fucking dead!

"Harry, I wanna die. Please, just let me die.", I sobbed into his shirt, as he rubbed my back, rocking me back and forth. The rest of the boys walked in on the scene, eyes wide, with water pooling near their eyes. Once Angela walked into the bathroom, she gasped, covering her mouth. Her eyes started to pool, as she collapsed on the floor crying as Liam tried to comfort her. It's all my fault, all this pain is my fault. If only I could've killed myself sooner. I wouldn't have to see all this unravel before me.

"Harry, you should've let me die. Please, please, let me die already. Please.", I sobbed, whispering into his shirt.

"Delilah, which one were you going to pick?", Harry said, his voice cracking as he looked at me with tear filled eyes, sniffling trying to look strong even though he was tearing up.

"Morgue."