Chapter 1

"How many times do I have to tell you no before you get it throught your head." 

"Never Lily, i'm your best friend. I know your no means please take me to your family reunion." 

"Ha, nice try." 

I tried walking away, but Amber grabbed my arm and gave me her best puppy dog eyes. 

"Ugh." I sighed. 

"Please, Lil, I will never ask you for anything else so long as I live." 

"Liar." I countered. I folded my arms and did my absolute best to ignore her sparkling blue eyes. They were the color of the ocean, blue, with slight waves of green. 

"Lily, please." 

I raised an unsure eyebrow at Amber. This definetely wouldn't be the last time she asked for something and going down South wasn't exactly my idea of fun. 

"I hate the South." 

"You've never been to the South." 

"For good reasons, there are bugs, and animals, and rednecks." 

Amber sighed, "Somebody's been watching to much T.V." 

"Doesn't matter where I got the information, I hate the country." 

"So you hate country boys? The cute ones who wear that awful plaid and wear the little cowboy hats. Wrangler jeans that fit perfectly on their cute little butts. Those pretty eyes and charming smiles and thick muscles. Who could say no to that?" 

I couldn't. My love life was seriosuly lacking. It had been months since I last had a boyfriend, I wasn't dependent on a man, but it sure didn't help to have someone there for you. To kiss you when you're sad and hold you and rock you to sleep and tell you how important you are to them. Boy did I miss that. 

"I know you're thinking about it." Amber teased. 

I smiled lightly. "Maybe I am, maybe i'm not. I still havent' agreed to go with you." 

"But you're thinking about it." 

"Give me a day and i'll have my answer." 

"I don't have a day I have to leave at 5 tomorrow morning." 

"We're roomates, roll me over in the middle of the night and ask me again." 

"No, I want an answer now." 

"Snappy." 

"Lil." 

I sighed, "If there wasn't cute country boys involved this would be a definte no." 

"OH MY GOSH! I love you Lily." 

"Ummhhmmm." 

"What does that mean?" 

"Whatever." 

"I wuv you Lily." 

I tried to remain stoic, but then smiled. "I love you too Am." 

I hugged her and tried my absolute best not to think about the fact that I would have to wake up at 5 in the morning and the fact that I was going to the absolute worse place on Earth. Equipped with mosquitoes and foods high in calories.