Chapter 3

Caelum's P.O.V

"I can't believe you invited them city folk down here."

"She's my sister Cae, it's just her and her friend."

"I don't care, read my lips, city folks means trouble and a lot of it."

"How much trouble can two twenty- something year olds get into?"

"A hell of a lot." I tipped my hat at the delivery man and turned back to Jake who was already half way down the property. God I loved this land.

The green grass stopped just at Blue Lake and then continued on into the woods. Flowers sprinkled the landscape along with animals of all sorts. A red barn sat in the dead center with rusting edges.

Peaches called out for attention. I ignored her and kept walking down the land with my hands in my pocket. It would be some day when that horse wasn't begging for somebody to look at her.

I took a deep breath and smelled the grass and pine and the earthy scent of all the animals. It felt good with the breeze hitting my face and causing my tanned skin to turn red.

It had been almost ten years since me and Amber had spoken. We tried a relationship, but it failed and neither one of us wanted to try and make it work. I wasn't angry though and neither was she. I was mad she had left all this good county to be cramped into a box apartment and traffic all day. Who was this friend? Was he a boy?

Snap out of it Caelum. Doesn't matter if it's a boy, she's not yours anymore. I walked back into my house to see Jake at the table smacking.

"What are you eating?" I smacked the back of his neck causing him to cough violently.

"I live two hours away, I'm hungry."

"To bad, I'm not your personal diner."

"I know, you can't cook whatsoever."

"Then leave." I growled.

"You still coming to dinner?" Jake seemed to shrug off the previous conversation. I sometimes felt like the oldest of us even though he was thirty-two and I was twenty-nine.

"Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the weather and peaches."

"I thought you said no woman can tie you down." Jake chuckled and I glared at him causing him to fake a cough over his snickering.

"I'll have you know I don't have any woman to tie me down."

"You must be lonely. You live in a four bedroom house alone."

"How can I be lonely when I have Peaches and you?"

"And that's when I leave." Jake shoved whatever he was eating into his mouth and ran out. I chuckled at the kid. Kid. Please he was older than me.

He had a kid and a wife too. I wasn't lonely. Was I?

A/N

Updates are coming fast, I know it won't always be like that but I have to get all these ideas out. I really like the name Caelum, it means sky. Whatever that's for later in the story. Vote, comment, and follow thanks.