Chapter 11

Lily's P.O.V

What is his problem? I try to inform him of his direction, I try to have a casual conversation with him, and I agree with his kissing abilities and he snaps on me. For what? Saying that country people are compatible.

He has issues, issues I'm not willing to put up with now or ever. No matter how good that brief moment of blunt pleasure felt. His mouth had only grazed my lips and caressed momentarily but it was enough to satisfy me for a life time.

He pulled into Amber's house and I got out of the car before he could say anything. I walked up to Amber and buried my face in her shoulder.

"Get me out of that house Am."

"He has a temper, yes, but you should know the reason before you judge."

"What's the reason?"

"That's something he has to tell you."

Amber released me and I followed her into the house where a grand breakfast sat. We all seated ourselves and I ate like a pig.

"I'm surprised Caelum let you go hungry." Matt spoke from across the table.

"Me too, I was expecting southern hospitality."

"Are you not putting on a good show for our guest Caelum?" Jenny asked.

"I'm a rancher not a damn clown go to a circus if you want a show." He rushed away from the table and slammed the door.

"Make sure he doesn't do anything crazy Jack." Jenny whispered a bit to loud.

"You're use to that?" I asked.

"The boy's had a pretty rough childhood, I wouldn't hold it against him if he acted worse."

"I've heard that a lot lately." I went back to eating as Caelum and Jackson retuned to the table.

"I apologize for earlier."

"Have you been going to your classes Caelum?" Matt inquired.

"They don't help, it's just a bunch of people sitting in circles crying about their life. I ain't a victim. That's city folk stuff."

"What do you have against city folk? You act like I came down here to he your personal hell, I came down here for a friend."

"Well that's what you're turning out to be."

I didn't care about him. He was rude, selfish, and temperamental, so why did those words hurt so much?

He sighed, "look, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I knew dogs had to he house trained."

"Dogs eh? I'm not a damn dog."

"Yeah, you're not, you're a friggin jackass." I stormed away from the table this time. Fed up with him and his disgusting attitude about city people and life in general.