Chapter 37

Caelum's P.O.V

"I swear she is getting more uptight by the second." I complained to Mark over a glass of whiskey.

"That's women. She argues because she cares. Do you know how much it would hurt her to see you behind bars?"

"She won't see me behind bars."

"I guess you haven't told her you spent your eighteenth birthday in lock up."

"Not like she needs to know."

"Not like she needs to know? You're selfish as fuck Caelum. That's your wife and daughter you're talking about. They don't need to know?"

"I didn't come here for a life lesson. I came to vent to a friend."

"And I'm giving you the honest truth. I know I'm the funny guy, but you seriously need to get your shit together."

I looked at Mark and saw seriousness in his eyes.

"You right." I grabbed him in a 'bro-hug' and he patted me back.

"Do the right thing. Cause if you hurt Lily I'll bust the ugly face up."

I hit Mark on the shoulder and he ran back. Mark was always funny but serious when he needed to be.

"I got get home I got a fine lil missy waiting for me."

"Again? Let me guess, stripper?"

"Nope, I'm going holy. Preacher's wife."

"You going to hell."

"At least I can see I felt a piece of heaven first." Mark punched my shoulder and said goodbye again before walking out of the bar. I yawned and checked my clock.

10:30

Better get home better Lily got at it again. I slipped some money of the table and walked out of the bar. I got in my truck and checked my phone.

There was a voicemail from Lily.

"Hey, I don't know where you are and I really don't care, I just want you to know that Caily had a seizure. She had a light fever and then she broke out on her skin and then she couldn't breath. Could you just meet me at the hospital if you're not mad at me."

I backed out of the parking lot and dialed Lily's number quickly.

"Caelum?"

"Hey baby, is Caily okay?"

"They just took her back. Are you on the way?"

"Yeah I stopped at the bar for a drink and my phone was in the car. I'm so sorry."

"Cae I love you. I don't want to argue over stupid stuff. I didn't expect you to lose your temper over night and I love you for trying. But can you just get here, because I'm crazy worried."

"Yeah, I'm on my way. Did you call my mom and your mom?"

"I didn't have time, but I'll call them now."

"Okay, I'll see you in a minute."

"Cae?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you so much baby."

"I love you too. I'll see you in a minute."

I hung up the phone and pressed hard on the gas pedal. I prayed silently for my daughter's health.