Chapter 24

Lily's P.O.V

"I'm Lily." I introduced myself to Caelum's mother, Sherry.

"I'm Sherry McGriffin. Please come in."

Caelum's home town was farther country than I had seen in my whole life. There was one country store, a church, and nothing else but trees. Caelum seemed to enjoy the scenery, but I found it boring.

Caelum's home was beautiful though.

It was a two-story brick building with white finishes around the windows and the crimson red door. The roof was also crimson and several cars sat in front of the house.

I walked in and everyone gave a subtle nod of the head acknowledging my presences. I let my hand slip from Caelum's for a brief second so he could hug his mother.

"C'mon, we don't bite." Sherry laughed and gave a pleasant smile. Her whole nature was very motherly and I felt myself drawn to her. "Caelum talks my ear off about you. He tells me everything you did that say that he found cute."

I turned to Cae with a smirk and a fresh blush broke out over his skin.

"I think that's just adorable Cae." I pinched his cheek and kissed it gently, mocking his manliness.

Caelum grabbed my waist and pulled me into his body. He placed his lips against mine and I felt my own face getting hot. I wasn't blushing, but my skin felt on fire. I had never kissed any boy in front of his parents and Caelum seemed bent on being very risky.

"Calm down Cae, no one's trying to steal your girl."

"Shut-up Mark!" Caelum growled. The thin, fragile looking boy stuck his middle finger up at Cae and then sprinted out of the room.

I laughed at the brotherly nature they had. Cae seemed really comfortable here and I did too. Everything about it felt warm and very family oriented.

_____________

"So Lily, where you from?" Sherry asked, piling green beans on my plate.

"I was born and raised in New York."

"New York? I'm surprised you got a word out among Cae."

"At first I didn't. I didn't like him very much because he was a jerk, but Caelum is a really great guy."

"You sound like you have a gun at your head." Mark, Caelum's cousin, said.

I laughed and a blush broke out on Caelum's tanned skin. He smiled lightly and when I turned shot the middle finger up at his cousin.

"Play nice Cae." I warned and he faked a smile. He pressed his lips against mine, but quickly pulled away.

"So, how was the drive?" Sherry asked looking at Caelum.

"Good. No trouble at all."

"Trouble?" I questioned.

"We are down south babe and we do have our fair share of rednecks. Some people don't support this."

"Yep, it's difficult living down here. All the girls are missing a tooth and wanting their cousin." I laughed at Mark's stereotypical comment.

"So should I be expecting grandchildren or a wedding first?"

I spit out my drink and stared at Cae before meeting Sherry's eyes.

"I think that's more down the road. Way down the road."

"You don't want to be married?"

"It's not that, it's.... the distance. Cae wants me to move down here and I want him to move to New York. We have to come to some kind of general consensus."