Chapter 12

Lily's P.O.V

"What?" I growled at the annoying knocking on the bedroom door. Amber had permitted me to stay in her old room while me and Caelum took a cool off.

"If your voice was any deeper I'd mistake you for Caelum with all the snapping."

"Come in." I sighed.

Amber peeked through the door before sliding in and closing it.

"I hate him Am."

"Cae's a pretty tough guy, he didn't open it to me for two months. You are actually doing really good with him."

"I'm either pissing him off or he's pissing me off. There is no way to win."

"Look Lil, I can see you and Caelum are not exactly.... nice to each other. But deep down inside I see an attraction, and don't you dare deny it."

"He's sexy, I won't deny it."

"Then try Lil, yes he gets pissed off very easily, but I still feel that you should talk to him."

"Have you talked to him, since you guys broke up?"

Amber laughed, "No, we don't really talk about our 'relationship'."

"You make it sound bad."

"Not bad, rushed and.... bad, yes."

"I guess I would be willing to try, if he is."

"I think he is." Amber smiled and ran to open the door. Carlum stood there.

"I'll call you when dinner's ready." Amber ran out of the room and Caelum closed the door before sitting down.

"First thing I wanna do is apologize, wasn't very gentleman like of me to go pickin fights."

"Caelum, I think you're a really nice and good person when you're not yelling and cursing."

"And I'm sorry for that."

"So, the second thing?"

"Figured I'd tell you about my anger before someone else does."

I brought my knees up to my chest and nodded for him to continue.

"My mom got remarried when I was fifteen years old. He's the man I call my dad because he raised me. He taught me how to be a man. My own father? Me and my mama were his punching bags. He got a good laugh from giving my mama hell, she was barely sixteen when she had me. He was twenty something and forced her into the relationship. That's not why I'm angry though. One morning when I was five, my dad came up to me and told me that we was goin fishing. I thought to myself that never happened to me and I better take the chance and he said all I had to do was wake him at five in the morning. I couldn't sleep that night, Joy was bursting from every part of me, I thought I was going to die from smiling to much." He paused to laugh and then his face went serious. "I woke up at five, went to go get him, and he wasn't there. I thought maybe he was coming back, maybe he just went to the store. I waited all day and he didn't come, he never came back."

"Caelum-"

"I became a problem child to my mama, I fought, I did drugs, I got drunk. I went to go live with my grandmother and that's when my anger took off. My father would come by every weekend for money and food and I would have to beat him to a pulp so he wouldn't hit my grandmother. You know where my dad was from?"

I shook my head so the tears welling up didn't fall. It was obvious he didn't want sympathy.

"New York. That's what I have against city folk, the man who made my life hell was one of them." He looked down and grabbed my hand. "I'm trying, I really am. I don't want to hurt you, to be mean to you, but I don't know how not to. Everything I've ever had in life has never been good and I find one good thing amongst all the bad."

I didn't let him finish, I kissed him. We both knew it was what we wanted. He moved his hands up and down my back as I kissed his harder and with more passionate. He moved his lips to my neck and I laughed.

"Take a girl out to dinner first."

He smiled, "Of course. Tomorrow night?"

"I'll be there."

He brought his lips to mine again and I turned away.

"After dinner." I whispered in his ear and ran off to find Amber.