Chapter 13

Caelum's P.O.V

I can't even remember the last time I went on a date. Picking up woman wasn't my problem, keeping them was. Some called me a bad boy and liked my attitude, others called me a certified douche.

We were going to a barbecue restaurant a few towns over. Since it wasn't exactly a fancy date, I put on some jeans, a red shirt, and my cowboy hat.

"Lily, you ready to go!"

"Coming!" She yelled back. I sat on the couch knowing it would be a few more hours before she came downstairs. I flipped on the T.V and browsed channels until someone came behind me and covered my eyes.

"Guess who." I already knew who of course, but I decided to play the game.

"Amber?"

"No."

"Jean?"

"No."

"Amanda?"

"No." With every female name her voice got a little more hostile. I laughed.

"Is she beautiful?"

"Very." Came her somewhat cocky response.

"Then it must be no other than Lily." I moved her hands and turned to meet her sweet lips. She had on cherry lipgloss and it was the most spectacular taste in the whole world. I was glad she was kissing me and not some other dude, any dude would be insane not to feel the attraction I felt towards her.

"Are we going to go?" She asked, parting with my lips for a second and then kissing me again.

"That's if we make it to the car." I grabbed her waist and pulled her down on top of me. She giggled before running her hands through my hair and kissing me softly.

"I'm kind of hungry."

"Me too." I said and bit at the base of her neck.

"For real food." She clarified with a smile.

I stood her up and stared at her neatly put together outfit. Black jeans, converse, and a white shirt. I took me cowboy hat off and placed it on her head.

"Now, you look perfect." I kissed Lily again and then grabbed her hand. I led her to the car and opened up the door.

"Anything specific you would like to listen to?" I asked, strolling channels on the radio.

"What's the best thing you've heard country boy?"

I smiled, "I'm a country music fan myself."

"Of course." She looked out of the window at the long grassy plain of emptiness. "What do you do for fun out here?"

"I can think of a few thinks." I said, rubbing the inside of her thigh.

"If I didn't know you so well, I'd say you were flirting with me country boy."

"It's called southern hospitality."

"I think someone's getting a little to friendly." She smiled that gorgeous smile and I felt the undying need to kiss her again.

"Would you ever consider moving out here?"

She shook her head, "Nope. I couldn't imagine a life without the city."

I didn't think she meant to, but secretly the comment hurt me. I wanted her here, with me, but she would never leave her city life. I forced my best smile and continued to the restaurant.