Chapter 34

Lily's P.O.V

"Thank you so much for doing this."

"No problem baby." Sherry lifted Caily into her arms and rocked her gently. Gosh she was big for a baby. I felt an instant relief on my shoulder after handing her to Sherry.

"I'll be back to pick her up around lunch time."

"Lunch time? That's a bit early. You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm just going for a jog. Trying to lose this baby body." I patted my stomach and it made a flopping noise. I hadn't gone to the gym since Caily was born and I was sure that wasn't a good decision.

I had a slightly 'belly bulge' and I wasn't exactly confident about it. I knew that I had just had a baby and shouldn't expect much of my body, but what was wrong with being a hot mama.

I kissed Caily's head and took off for my run.

The breeze felt amazing across my face. I could smell the pine and feel grass strands hit my ankles. The sun was getting higher in the sky as the time went on.

I rounded a corner and tripped on the edge of the sidewalk. I let out a brief grunt and climbed back to my feet. As I was brushing myself off, I felt something wet and sticky. I turned my leg to see a fresh cut, dripping blood.

"Need help?" Came a baritone voice and I felt a hand on my leg.

I turned around at his touch and pulled my leg away. He was tall and not very muscular. Round like a teddy bear almost. He was light-skinned with green eyes and wavy hair.

"Sorry, I was just checking out that cut. I'm Theodore." He held out his hand and I shook it unsurely.

"I'm fine, it's kinda small."

"Small? I wouldn't let that hang out, i'd probably get it checked out."

"I'm one tough cookie. It's not the first cut I've ever had."

"And I don't want it to be your last."

"And I suppose you're the cut expert. What? A degree is scarology?"

"No, but I am a doctor."

"Thanks, but no thanks. I better get back my run."

"I'm serious. You don't want that to get infected."

"Okay then Mr. Doctor, how does it look? Am I going to die?" I glared at him. I wasn't sure what about him made me mad, but it had something to do with his pushy and demanding nature.

"How about we talk about it over lunch?"

"I don't think my husband would appreciate that and I have to get back to my child."

"Fine, feel free to stop by the hospital when you realize I'm right."

"Whatever."

I started on my jog again even though my leg was burning. The air whipping across it didn't make the pain any better. By the time I was at Sherry's house to pick up Caily, I was limping.