Chapter 33

Caelum's P.O.V

"You home with daddy today?" I rocked KJ back and forth and kissed her nose softly. KJ was a nickname both me and Lily had agreed on. It was adorable and simple.

Lily had gone out to get some milk since she was trying to transition KJ from breast milk to regular milk.

She had just finished one of her first bottles and I was now burping her. She seemed so small in my hands even though she was close to four months. She was a chubby little baby and that only made her cuter.

There was a knock on the door and then Mark rushed in.

"People usually wait for an invitation in."

"I'm Mark. I don't do what people usually do."

Mark sat down and I slid Caily from my arms to his arms. He was surprisingly good with her. He held her gently and rocked her at the perfect pace.

"I'm going to take a nap. I've been up with KJ all morning."

"Okay." Mark said quickly and without taking his eyes off the baby.

I went into the bedroom and removed my shirt. I jumped on the bed and not even two seconds later Lily was calling my name. I rolled over and gave a fake smile.

"Morning sleepyhead." Lily called and flipped on the light.

"Good morning. Unless you have something to eat or are planning to give me the goods, can I please go back to sleep?"

"Nope, I need you to cook breakfast while I feed Caily."

I groaned, "baby I'm tired. I've been up all morning and night and I'm going crazy."

"I'm sorry about that baby, but we have a new baby and that's the challenge."

"We have another problem."

"What's that?"

"I'm starting back to work soon. I'll be working long hours and I'll be nowhere near Dohage."

Lily paused and then raised an unsure eyebrow.

"What do you do exactly?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

"I hate doing it, but I went to law school. I use to gamble and handle horses, but there's no money in it and that's not the kind of example I want to set for my daughter."

"A lawyer? You? A lawyer?" She held back a laugh and I gave a pouty face.

"Don't judge unless you have some other income. Living with a baby ain't cheap."

"Fine, go back to work. I'll find someone who can help with the baby."

"Okay, can I go back to bed now?"

"No, breakfast still needs to be cooked."

I sighed and rolled off the bed. I walked past Lily and smacked her butt before running to the kitchen. I poured some cereal in a bowl and yelled breakfast to Lily.

"Thanks babe, I have the same feeling I had when I first came here."

"Is the breakfast that bad?" I joked.

"Not like that Cae, I was talking about the attitude you had."

"I didn't have an attitude. I had.... have a temper and you're upsetting it."

"That's not the only thing I'm upset." She grinned at my pants.

"Shut-up." I joked and ate a spoonful of cereal.

KJ started crying and Lily groaned before heaving herself off the chair. I laughed and went back to my cereal.

"Oh the joys of after pregnancy." I sighed and laughed to myself.