Chapter 21

Caelum's P.O.V

I glanced over nervously at Lily. She promised not to tell anyone, but I wasn't sure women could control what they said if they were mad. I had to keep her happy with that same golden smile plastered across her face.

"Anything I can do for you baby?" I asked as we walked through my yard. I was showing off the land and she continued to smile.

"Nope, everything is perfect. Can we watch the sun set?"

"Of course, I'll go get some s'mores, blankets, and a tent. We can have a mini campout."

"Can you call Amber and her family? I think it'll be fun to have more people."

"You sure?" I asked, pulling her into my side and placing a kiss on her forehead.

"There's a whole long night we have to keep busy for." She reminded with a smile and a peck to my lips.

"You really want to invite them after everything?"

"I don't want them to think we're avoiding them. They might get suspicious."

"They don't know you know."

"But, you haven't returned Amber's phone calls. Amber is a lot of things but stupid will never be one. Once her mind starts turning-"

Her phone caught her off mid-sentence and my heart jumped. I gave a small mental plead to Lily as she answered the device.

"Hello...... yeah, I'm with him.... sure." Lily handed me the phone and I took a deep breath before answering.

"Hello?"

"You haven't answered any of my calls! What's going on? Did you tell Lily?!"

"No, relax, I haven't been able to talk about it..." I let the sentence ease to an end to convince Amber I wasn't comfortable talking in front of Lily.

"Good, I called your phone."

"Me and Lily are out."

"I would be surprised if you two weren't together."

"We're having a camp-out tonight. Wanna come with the family?"

"I don't know, tension is high right now."

"Why?"

"I might've spilled to my little sister."

"What?! You can't tell her, but I can't tell Lily?"

"Isn't she right next to you? Don't talk so loud."

"Sorry and she's not. She's checking out Peaches." I nodded at Lily and she blew me a kiss, I smiled and held back a tiny laugh.

"If I can pry the rest of the family out of the house, we'll be there."

"Okay, bye."

I hung up the phone and handed it back to Lily.

"Sounds serious."

"Yeah, family matters."

"Oh, sounds interesting. I don't know anything about it." Lily smiled and I kissed her perfect lips.

"You're wonderful." I smiled.

"I know." She responded with a wide smile. I kissed her and she laughed.

"You laugh way to much."

She flicked me off and ran off through the grass. She fell in the grass and began rolling in the grass.

_________________

"This is amazing." Jack said eating his third hotdog.

"Slow down Jack." I said and hit the back of his head.

The table didn't seem tense, but it seemed like the atmosphere was a bit thick. The night passed while nonetheless and me and Lily were finally alone in our own tent.

I took off my shirt and allowed her to lay her head on my chest.

"We have to stop eventually." She smiled.

"Not really." I replied.

"Naughty boy." Lily said, climbing on my hips and straddled me. "This is my show tonight." She kissed me and ignited a fire.