[1]

"Excuse me."

The soft velvety voice slid so smoothly off his tongue, making her turn and step aside to give the space for the gentleman to pass through the crowded corridor. Giving her a warm smile, he continued his steps towards the end of the corridor that will take him to the building of Commerce Faculty.

For a moment, Sakshi had forgotten that she was on a phone call until she heard the girls around her murmuring.

"That silky 'Excuse me' is going to echo all day in my mind."

"That geekiness. I wonder, he must be the sexiest nerd I have ever seen around here."

Sakshi giggled silently and shook her head at the girls' antics. She couldn't disagree though. The boy, wait. Man. Yes, with the way those chiseled jaws held faint stubble, those specs enhancing his smart look and the maturity shown through his charming smile, she could guess that the devilishly-handsome man must be pursuing his post graduation or maybe PhD.

The muffled voice coming from the phone pulled her attention back and she immediately listened to the worried voice asking, "Hello? Are you listening to me? Sakshi?"

A faint smile curved her lips estimating that it had been three years away from home. But it all still felt as if she had just arrived yesterday and had to begin a new life again. Alone. However, it was just her heart trying to be naive which had always been pampered by her family. Still she knew that she had came ahead of that naive era and entered a period where she was two years away from achieving her dreams. Skipping festivals, family tours, she knew at last.

It would be all worth it.

But being far away from home had led to her gaining more attention from her family than she ever had before. Especially, relatives who had started asking her tai ji to start finding marriage offers for her and the reason as they would always call it—the girl has grown up.

No matter how rich and forward her family was, when great offers would come— any parent would get greedy for their kid's bright future.

"Yes. Yes. I am listening. But don't you begin with it again, please. I am about to reach my class." Her nose scrunched and she almost groaned while turning to the other side of the corridor that led to the Business Department.

The voice came softer from the other side on the call, sweeter that Sakshi knew what was about to come just like every other morning.

"Sakshi, but the boy is well-behaved and has a great family. Also, very handsome. If he has been any other rich boy, I wouldn't have given it a thought. But good offers don't come all the time."

There she goes.

Sakshi's eyes narrowed at the silly excuse. "They would come when I will be leading a successful startup, years later. Now is not the time. I haven't even completed my education. Also, that you are talking about arran-" She halted her tongue.

Of course, she wasn't really intrigued with the idea of getting arranged with a stranger. But when life had already given her a hard lesson, she couldn't defend her opinion of going for love marriage by any chance.

"Sakshi, who talks about wedding? I told you before. It's just a matter of engagement and through time, you will yourself come to accept it. This boy I am talking about is my friend's son-"

Sakshi stopped in front of the class and took a breath, smiling guiltily. "Okay, alright. I will talk to you in the evening. Right now, I have a class. Bye. Love you."

She hung the call without waiting for the reply. It wasn't like she had lied to her Aunt. But she couldn't deny that she hated when another eligible bachelor would be the subject of talk. She wasn't ready yet. Not for a long run thing like marriage.