[33]

Sakshi groaned while stretching hard. Yawning tiredly, she picked up her phone from the drawer and checked the time. A smile appeared on her lips when she realized that they had late lectures today, starting and ending in the noon only. Until then, she could take a long long shower and cook a healthy breakfast for the new couple.

She grinned to herself, thinking how exciting it would be to see both of them whipped for each other. She could always make jokes and tease them until they would turn red as tomatoes.

She stared up at the moving fan, imagining herself living like that. Having a boyfriend who could make such little efforts for you in the middle of the night, who could be so thoughtful while choosing gifts, make you blush and laugh at the same time. She sighed dreamily, when Shrey's face flashed in her mind.

She couldn't even dream about it anymore. Shrey was a criminal or not, but he had been trapped in a rape case because of his own stupidities. It would be such a big fat No from her brother, her family and even her friends. Not that Shrey too would ever get back with her.

Her heartbeats fastened at the thought that her love could remain incomplete forever. She closed her eyes and turned over, hugging herself at how unlucky she felt at the moment. After years of waiting and hoping, she got to see Shrey that even not happy as before.

Things would have been so different if he hadn't played with her. She would have never come to Delhi, stayed with her family, would have been a happy soul and much more. But now, she didn't regret coming here. She got friends and new freedom. She found her own best version.

Boyfriends would come and go, but the chances of proving her true love won't. She won't be even a little vengeful to Shrey for what he did to her years ago. She would help him in anyway even if it meant, lying to her own family. Though, she hadn't lied to anyone yet. She was just hiding it. But wait! She had told this to Pihu.

Sakshi opened her mouth, remembering how shocked she was. There was pity in her eyes and at the same time fear of a big trouble coming in the house. Sakshi knew that her reaction was understandable but what could she do to stop her Tai ji from trapping her in marriage. She had to leave that worm to spoil everything.

Though, her brother had informed that he had put a stop on the marriage thing for sometime, which meant that Pihu hadn't told him anything about Shrey. But at least by any means, Pihu would be there to understand her denials.

With that thought, she stretched for last time and got off the bed. She went to the bathroom, did her routines and finally came out to make breakfast for the two monkeys. She walked out of her room in her shorts and chuckled at seeing one of them sleeping on the couch, open-mouthed.

Sakshi smirked, shaking her head when she found Aditi, who hadn't even washed her face, making coffee for all of them. "You're awake."

Aditi hummed with a lazy smile, not looking at her. "Calls and calls. Now, I am too fed up to sleep."

Sakshi chuckled and walked to her, putting the two mugs on the counter. "Well, there's that big show on. You can stare as long as want," she muttered while nodding towards a half-naked Aarush, snoring.

Aditi smiled approvingly. "Ah, yes. I am enjoying it already. But wait, from when did he got those packs? Few months ago, when we went to that water park, he had this round belly."

Sakshi shook her head. "He has his moments. There were exams those days and from two months, he didn't go to the gym. You can't distract the nerdy Aarush from topping the class when it's me in the competition."

Aditi smirked and handed her the mug. Sakshi cleared her throat and swallowed before finally asking, "So are you both a thing now?"

She watched her smile fading immediately. "I don't know," whispered Aditi. She lowered her eyes and told, "I hadn't officially told him. But he knows and he hasn't said anything in return."