[15]

Clothes, bills, medicines, reports, control over media—all was in check.

But emotions?

Shrey's heart had become a bubble. He felt as if it would burst any moment. What could he even do? It was Sakshi who had filled it with so much love and care. He was overwhelmed.

All that frustration burning in his chest had now melted away. He was dazzled. By her beauty, her innocence, her smartness and wisdom. Only he knew, how hard it was for him to leave that parking lot without asking her everything.

But as if she was the only good thing in his life. Just as he had walked away, Rishabh had called him. The cousin had reached downstairs after completing all the procedures and formalities. Shrey showed up at his car, and caught him waiting there. Standing with arms crossed across his chest, with his signature poker face on.

Shrey couldn't help but roll his eyes immediately. Though, he controlled not saying anything and got in the car. Now, when he was finally going home, all memories of that case was coming back.

The circumstances were again settling around him, making him realize that he was still trapped in this web of lies. The woman who had accused him was roaming freely. The best friend whom he had helped, was celebrating. While he was still the same loser.

"Do you feel okay?"

Shrey couldn't describe how awkward it was to sit with Rishabh in the same car. He was behaving like the elder brother now, which was unrealistic after not believing him days ago.

"I feel great realizing that I am still trapped in this rape case. Do you, sitting with a shame of a cousin in the same car?" Shrey sneered while observing his face.

Rishabh's jaw ticked but his response was settling again. "I was wrong. But now is not the time to taunt each other. The date of decision is coming closer and you need to be as healthy as you can be for all our research. You need to be alive to save yourself."

Shrey scoffed, chuckled humorlessly. "I was saving myself. Only if you hadn't brought me to the hospital. But what was the better chance than this to behave like a true brother?"

Rishabh's knuckles turned white as he held the staring tighter. Shrey could observe it all but he had lost it. He won't give a bit of relaxation to his brother that everything was fine. He never believed his innocence. He had to give up his life to make him believe.

Or maybe, Rishabh was now acting so he won't try to do that again. Shrey shook his head. Everyone was acting these days. Your own people might give you hell. No was trustable. Your own family could distrust you then who would you expect from.

Sakshi

The little sensation in his stomach made him realize that it was settled in his mind. His conscience was accepting the entrance of Sakshi in his life. His heart said that when no one was believing and caring, someone else did.

Enough to enter the hospital, restricted ward and write motivating words for him. His heart cried for such care.

She was seriously sobbing in front of him. The girl whom he had left behind. He had ditched her, dumped her so ruthlessly. He was a big jerk to her even than she cared.

How it was even possible for her to have such a big heart? Just because she knew him, didn't mean that she had to care if he was alive or not. But she did.

Shrey was confused at the moment. He didn't know why all of a sudden she seemed like an angel to him. Years ago, he had closed that chapter thinking that she was a spoilt brat and was needed to face for his cousin. Even if he was guilty for hurting her, he was civil and helpful in the end.