[74] Redemption

The college days. The memories of two-three years ago. Filled with mischief, fun and obliviousness.

A corner of Pihu's heart was brutally wounded that had healed all these years. But looking at an old friend, whom she knew was the most intelligent and passionate person she had ever met, that corner had started to ache. Because the person wasn't a friend anymore.

As a little play by fate had ruined their beautiful friendship.

Pihu's eyes turned glossy and throat filled up. She remembered his face when he had told her about his newfound feelings. She remembered his expressions when she had rejected his love for Raghav whom she didn't even love that time.

The glimpses of the cruel night when he had helped her in finding Sakshi. How he had fought those goons keeping aside his grudge! She remembered how she wasn't allowed to thank him for such selflessness. She remembered the last time, she had seen him outside the hospital.

She had seen defeat in his eyes at last when she had told him about her pregnancy. He looked broken and anyhow, cared to apologise to her for his behavior.

But going home, seeing those photographs of theirs in Raghav's hands had stunned her. It had broken her heart and she had exclaimed that she was wrong in thinking good of him.

For once, she had thought the moment she saw defeat in his eyes, he regretted sending photographs to Raghav. But the deed was done and Raghav and her had to suffer the consequences.

She didn't know now. If the man standing at their door was just Shrey's cousin brother or the friend she had lost four years ago.

"What are you doing here?" The fury on Shrey's face had scared everyone. "How dare you step inside?"

Rishabh's nostrils flared as he ignored Shrey and looked around, his gaze turning blank when his dark brown eyes met Raghav's dark ones.

Raghav had gotten up along with Shrey and they were standing side by side. Sakshi stood near the table while Pihu couldn't help but witness everything in numbness.

"It's not your home. Is it?" Rishabh mocked Shrey, as if they weren't going through rough phases in their relation.

Shrey's jaws clenched as the sight of Rishabh was boiling his blood.

Looking tall and handsome in the three-piece suit, Aarush observed the man who had not just ruined Sakshi's picture with Shrey but had dared to poke Raghav's life. His short hair were making him look clean but it was the twitch in his eyebrows that was matching with the description he had heard about his nature all this time.

"Hello there, Uday Uncle." Rishabh nodded in greeting, meeting his eyes.

Uday Singh Rathore could feel the tension around. It was more intense than before and now, he didn't want the repeat of last night. This day had arrived to be sorted, not to become a mess.

"Rishabh, how have you been? How is your father?" Uday Singh asked, nodding with a small smile.

"Well enough to raise his chin and order me to bring his nephew back to him," replied Rishabh while glancing at Shrey.

"You told him?" Shrey gritted his teeth, his fists tightening. "Couldn't keep your wicked mouth from barking about me?"

Sakshi stiffened at his hard tone. A face off between the brothers— that was the last thing she wanted to witness.

"Shrey, calm down." Uday Singh looked at Rishabh. "We were just talking about something important that needed a great discussion with your family."